online journal sponsors poetry contest

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2009
      A River & Sound Review, an online journal and live literary entertainment program, is proud to announce the first annual Duckabush Prize for Poetry! The winner will receive $500, a featured spot on a future RSR Live Production, plus publication in an upcoming issue of our journal.

      http://www.riverandsoundreview.org/contests/contests.htm%c2%a0

      The final judge for this contest is award-winning writer Judith Kitchen - poetry reviewer for the Georgia Review and editor (along with former U.S. Poet Laureate Ted Kooser) of the anthology of bird poems, “The Poets Guide to the Birds,” published by Anhinga Press.

      Please visit http://riverandsoundreview.org/contests/contests.htm%c2%a0for more details, to check out our journal, or to download podcasts of our live shows. We look forward to reading your very best work!

      Contest Rules:

      Reading period is open until October 31st, 2009 (postmark date).

      Three poems per entry, regardless of length. Our entry fee is $10. All subsequent submissions for that season's contest are $5. Please make checks out to A River & Sound Review.

      Writers may submit as many entries as they choose, provided each entry is mailed in separate envelopes and each accompanied with the proper entry fee.

      All submissions will be considered for publication in our online literary journal.

      Simultaneous submissions ARE allowed, but writers must inform RSR staff if any submitted work has been accepted elsewhere and withdraw it
      from the contest.

      Manuscript Format:

      Please submit one copy of your poem(s) and make sure your name does NOT appear anywhere on the manuscript(s) itself. On a separate page, print your name, full mailing address, email address, and phone number. Also list the title of the pieces you submitted.

      Electronic submission WILL NOT be read for contest entries.

      Mail entries to:

      A River & Sound Review

      2009 Poetry Contest

      17317 136th Ave. Ct. E.