call for submissions: Diverse Voices Quarterly

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 4, 2009
      Diverse Voices Quarterly - http://www.diversevoicesquarterly.com
      is a new online literary journal looking for submissions from all walks of life.

      Our first issue is available for download here:
      http://www.diversevoicesquarterly.com/2009/first-issue-available-now/

      Deadline for submissions is 10/31/09.

      Submission guidelines are:

      Poetry:
      3-5 poems, 40 lines MAX. Please send in one file, separated by a page break between poems.

      Short stories:
      3,000 words MAX. You may submit up to two short shorts that add up to 1,000 words. If sending two shorts, please send two separate files.

      Personal essays/creative nonfiction:
      3,000 words MAX. Send only one essay at a time.

      Artwork accepted in .jpg or .png format. Send only two images at a time.

      –Simultaneous submissions are accepted but multiple submissions are not.

      –We will not read any material previously published online; this includes works published in other online journals or from any message board or blogs.

      –While we will read submissions from everyone, the work MUST BE in English.

      –Be sure to include your last name and type of submission in the subject line (Example: Kaling – Short Story Submission).

      –Include a cover letter, a short bio, and your complete contact information in the body of the e-mail.

      –Only attachments are accepted, either as MS Word (.doc or .rtf) or WordPerfect (.wpd) files. Pasted-in submissions WILL BE deleted.

      –Send your submissions to: <submit(at)diversevoicesquarterly.com> (replace (at) with @ an
      d send).

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 14, 2009
        Diverse Voices Quarterly - http://www.diversevoicesquarterly.com
        is a new online literary journal looking for submissions from all walks of life.

        Our first issue is available for download here:
        http://www.diversevoicesquarterly.com/2009/first-issue-available-now/

        Deadline for submissions is 10/31/09.

        Submission guidelines are:

        Poetry:
        3-5 poems, 40 lines MAX. Please send in one file, separated by a page break between poems.

        Short stories:
        3,000 words MAX. You may submit up to two short shorts that add up to 1,000 words. If sending two shorts, please send two separate files.

        Personal essays/creative nonfiction:
        3,000 words MAX. Send only one essay at a time.

        Artwork is especially requested. We accept in .jpg or .png format. Send only two images at a time.

        –Simultaneous submissions are accepted but multiple submissions are not, unless you wish to send in artwork at the same time. Please query first.

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 27, 2010
          Diverse Voices Quarterly is celebrating its second year of publishing online! Issue Five is available for a download on our website.

          For Issue 6, we're now accepting online submissions for poetry and prose:
          http://www.diversevoicesquarterly.com/submissions

          Artwork still must be sent directly to <submissions(at)diversevoicesquarterly.com> (replace (at) with @)

          Complete submission guidelines are available here:
          http://www.diversevoicesquarterly.com/submission-guidelines/

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 23, 2010
            Diverse Voices Quarterly is celebrating its second year of publishing online! Issue Six is available for a download on our website.

            For Issue 6, we're now accepting online submissions for poetry, short stories, and personal essays/creative nonfiction: http://www.diversevoicesquarterly.com/submissions

            Artwork, especially requested, still must be sent directly to submissions(at)diversevoicesquarterly.com (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)

            Complete submission guidelines are available here: http://www.diversevoicesquarterly.com/submission-guidelines/
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 12, 2010
              Diverse Voices Quarterly is celebrating its second year of publishing
              online! Issue Seven is available for a download on our website.

              For Issue 8, we're now accepting online submissions for poetry, short

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 31, 2011
                Diverse Voices Quarterly is celebrating its third year of publishing
                online! Issue Eight is available for a download on our website.

                For Issue 9, we're now accepting online submissions for poetry, short

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 16, 2011
                  Diverse Voices Quarterly is celebrating its third year of publishing
                  online! Issue Eight is available for a download on our website.

                  For 2011, we're publishing double issues. Please submit online for

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 14, 2012
                      Diverse Voices Quarterly is celebrating its third year of publishing online, thanks to pledges through Kickstarter! Issue Eleven & Twelve, combined as one, is available for a download on our website.

                      Please submit online for poetry, short stories, and personal essays/creative nonfiction:http://www.diversevoicesquarterly.com/submissions

                      Artwork, especially requested, still must be sent directly to <submissions(at)diversevoicesquarterly.com> (replace (at) with @ when sending e-mail).

                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 17, 2013
                            Diverse Voices Quarterly is celebrating its fourth year of publishing
                            online, thanks to pledges through Kickstarter! Issue Seventeen is
                            available for a download on our website (or the pieces can be read
                            online).
                            Please submit online for poetry, short stories, and personal
                            essays/creative nonfiction for our spring issue: