book contest: De Novo Poetry Contest

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2007
      The 2007 De Novo Poetry Contest is now open!  We are looking for the best
      manuscript from a previously unpublished American poet (a U.S. citizen who has
      not published a full-length collection of poetry before).  We are looking for
      manuscripts that exhibit striking language, memorable imagery, intellectual
      depth, and a respect for diversity in all areas of life.
      The C&R Press editors will select ten finalists which will go to this year's
      judge, Thomas Lux, who will select the winner.  The C&R Press editors might
      decide to offer publication under a standard publishing agreement to selected
      finalists, as well.
      Please include:
      55-85 page-manuscript (single-spaced)
      two title sheets (one with contact information, one without)
      one-paragraph biography
      $15 entry fee (make checks or money orders payable to C&R Press) ($25 for
      entry fee plus copy of winning book)
      SASE for results
      Guidelines:
      Submission of more than one manuscript is acceptable; each manuscript must be
      submitted separately, each with entry fee and SASE
      Please let us know immediately if your manuscript is accepted by another
      publisher while under our consideration
      No revisions to submitted manuscripts will be considered; the winning
      manuscript may be revised before publication
      Manuscripts may consist of poems that have been published, but the manuscript
      as a whole must not have been previously published
      Close friends, former students, and current or former colleagues of the judge
      are ineligible
      Translations ineligible
      No faxed or emailed entries

      2007 Contest Deadline: postmarked on or before September 1st, 2007
      2007 Judge: Thomas Lux
      Sent entries to:
      C&R Press
      PO Box 4065
      Chattanooga, TN 37405

      Attn: 2007 De Novo Poetry Contest

      The winning manuscript will be published in Spring 2008 as our first title.
      The winning author will receive 20 copies of the book, a $500 advance against
      royalties, and a standard royalty agreement on future sales, as well.  All
      submissions will be considered for publication under a standard agreement, as
      well.
      web site:
      http://www.ryangvancleave.com/Press/contest.php