poetry book contest: Juniper Prize

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2009
      The Juniper Prize for Poetry is awarded annually for an original manuscript of poems. In alternating years, the program is open to poets either with or without previously published books. The University of Massachusetts Press publishes the winning manuscript, and the author receives a $1,500 award upon publication.

      2009-2010 Submissions: In 2009, we will be considering only manuscripts by writers who have not published a full-length book or chapbook of poetry. Submissions will only be accepted with a postmark between August 1 and September 30, 2009. The entry fee will be $25, and all manuscripts will be judged anonymously by a panel of distinguished poets. The award winner will be announced at our website in April 2010, with a publication scheduled for April 2011.  Please visit

      http://www.umass.edu/umpress/juniper.html

      for complete entry guidelines.