online journal seeks work on Jewish themes
- Scribblers on the Roof - a forum dedicated to writers of fiction and poetry with JEWISH THEMES will launch September 2009. This does NOT mean you have to be Jewish to submit your work, only that your pieces must have Jewish themes and/or content.
Scribblers on the Roof was born out of a need for a dedicated place for both established and emerging writers of fiction and poetry with Jewish themes to submit their work.
* Scribblers on the Roof welcomes unsolicited submissions of original fiction and poetry only.
* All submissions must have identifiable Jewish themes or content.
* You may submit previously published work only if you have retained the rights to your piece. Please state where and when the piece was previously published and confirm that you have permission to publish on Scribblers on the Roof.
* Scribblers on=2 0the Roof accepts simultaneous submissions
* Fiction submissions may be anywhere from 500-5,000 words.
* Fiction submissions over 1,500 words deemed suitable for publication will be serialized over a period of weeks depending on the length of the story.
* Poetry submissions must be no more than 4 pages.
* Scribblers on the Roof only accepts electronic submissions
* Send submissions to <submissions(at)jscribes.com> (replace (at) with @).
* All submissions must be in a Word Doc (.doc), double-spaced and in 12-point font.
* Please include your name, email address and word count, and a short, relevant biography (no more than two lines) on a separate p
* If your piece is accepted for publication, you will be notified by email.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]