call for submissions: out of nothing

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18, 2009
      call for submissions
      {out of nothing}
      no. 3 / that there were some ah-ness to things
      deadline: 10/01/2009

      Please view complete guidelines here:
      http://outofnothing.org/809/

      [out of nothing] (http://www.outofnothing.org) is an electronic
      publication featuring new works in image, sound, text and the digital
      arts, as well as works located at the inter-sections between these
      media.

      In general, [out of nothing] is interested in works that address, in
      some manner:
      * the vacuum
      * salvage / remainders
      * imaginary spaces possessed of imaginary dimensions
      * darkness / lightlessness
      * reduced or infinitesimal means
      * the exponential
      * self-abnegating symbols
      * the blank
      * obliteration
      * the inconsequential
      * refusal
      * the contentless / general contentlessness
      * the generic and / or undifferentiated and / or the contra-original
      * adhesive agents in search of clients to bind
      * none of the above or below

      send all submissions, inquires, etc. to

      <shelling.peanuts(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @)

      [out of nothing] is published in online installments, on an irregular
      but roughly quarterly seasonal basis that nevertheless remains
      chronically TBD. Each issue is theme-based, and is introduced by a
      special M.C.; or, emcee. Occasional print anthologies are also
      envisioned.

      [out of nothing] is edited by Janice Lee, Eric Lindley & Joe Milazzo.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2010
        [out of nothing], an electronic publication interested in new works in image, sound, text, and the intersections between these media, is now open to submissions for its fifth issue: "out of a system declaring nothing out of relevance". Please submit your textual, aural, visual, poly/ambi-medial work to us at shelling.peanuts(at)gmail.com [replace (at) with @]

        Deadline: January 01, 2011

        Complete submissions guidelines are available at:

        http://www.outofnothing.org/relevance/

        Prospective contributors would be well-advised to consult our earlier publications at http://www.outofnothing.org as a guide to the type of work we're interested in: to supplement this understanding and ideally stimulate your thinking about a new piece made particularly to address the issues that consume, or rather, are consumed by us, we offer the
        following potential topics:

        > the vacuum
        > salvage / remainders
        > imaginary spaces possessed of imaginary dimensions
        > darkness / lightlessness
        > reduced or infinitesimal means
        > the exponential
        > self-abnegating symbols
        > the blank
        > obliteration
        > the inconsequential
        > refusal
        > the contentless / general contentlessness
        > the generic and / or undifferentiated and / or the contra-original
        > adhesive agents in search of clients to bind
        > none of the above or below

        Electronic submissions only. Please allow 3 - 6 months response time.

        Eds., [out of nothing]
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2011
          [out of nothing], an electronic publication interested in new works in
          image, sound, text, and the intersections between these media, is now
          open to submissions for its sixth issue: "in the mirror, a sleep, a
          spectral nothing." Please submit your textual, aural, visual,
          poly/ambi-medial work to us at
          <shelling.peanuts(at)gmail.com> [replace (at) with @].

          Deadline: October 31, 2011

          Complete submissions guidelines are available at:

          http://www.outofnothing.org/mirror/