call for submissions: Interrobang

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2009
      Interrobang?! Zine, (http://interrobangzine.com) a small and independent arts magazine based in Providence, RI seeks poetry, prose and photography submissions for its second print edition, as well as multimedia (art, video, music) for its online edition athttp://interrobangzine.com. Simultaneous and previously published submissions welcome. Send up to five poems and/or 3000 words of prose to <interrobangpvd(AT)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @); unlimited multimedia submissions accepted.

      Deadline: September 1.
      Submit online with the genre of your piece in the subject line (for example, POETRY, if you're submitting poetry). Please put your name, address, and preferred email address in the message body so we can contact you to let know that we've received your piece, and for follow-up if your work is accepted. All photography and art should be submitted digitally. There are no constraints for the web, but for those who want to see their work in the print edition must submit line art, sketches, or black-and-white images with the understanding that we do not at present have sufficient funds to go above photostat/newsprint quality. Please note "For Print and Web" or "For Web Only" in your email.

      We ask that text submissions be submitted in .DOC or .RTF format. Photography and art should be attached as high-quality JPEG or PNGs. Music and video should be submitted in .MP3 and .MPG respectively.

      For more, visit http://interrobangzine.com

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2012
        "Interrobang?! Magazine (http://interrobangzine.com) is a web and print 'zine for the arts based dually in Providence, RI and New Orleans, LA. Our goal is to provide a formal venue for voices of all kinds, whether it be poetry, fiction, creative essays, photography, fine art, or experimental music and video.

        Don't be shy: we want your stories, your pictures, your music, your oddball esoterica. The interrobang punctuation symbol is meant to denote surprise, querying excitement or shocked disbelief; our publication seeks art that provokes this reaction, that astonishes, challenges and compels with its beauty or daring.

        Submissions may be sent online at
        http://interrobangzine.submishmash.com/

        Please submit each piece separately so that it may be individually evaluated. See http://www.interrobangzine.com/about/submit/ for further details. We accept submissions on a rolling basis throughout the year, so feel free to send in your art at any time. The deadline for the next volume has recently been extended to January 15th, so submit while you can! We look forward to reading/watching/viewing/experiencing your work