submissions call: Adolescence Issue, Crab Orchard Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2007
      A Call for Submissions for CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW
      Special Issue: The In-Between Age ~
      Writers on Adolescence

      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW is seeking work for our Summer/Fall 2008 issue focusing
      on writing inspired or informed by the experiences, observations, and/or
      cultural and historical possibilities of the following topic: “The In-Between Age ~
      Writers on Adolescence.” We are open to work that covers any of the multitude
      of ways that the transition from childhood to adulthood in the teenage years
      defines us and, in turn, defines the world we live in.

      All submissions should be original, unpublished poetry, fiction, or literary
      nonfiction in English or unpublished translations in English (we do run
      bilingual, facing-page translations whenever possible). Please query before
      submitting any interview.

      For guidelines, check our Web site at <
      http://www.siu.edu/~crborchd/guid2.html>.

      Mail submissions to:

      Jon Tribble, Managing Editor
      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW
      Adolescence issue
      Faner 2380, Mail Code 4503
      Southern Illinois University Carbondale
      1000 Faner Drive
      Carbondale, IL 62901

      Please include SASE with your submission for manuscript return or for reply.
      No submissions via e-mail or fax, thanks.

      The submission period for this issue is August 1, 2007 through October 31,
      2007. We will be reading submissions throughout this period and hope to complete
      the editorial work on the issue by mid-February. Writers whose work is
      selected will receive $20 (US) per magazine page ($50 minimum for poetry; $100
      minimum for prose), two copies of the issue, and a year’s subscription.