short story contest: Gival Press

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 5, 2009
      The 6th Annual Gival Press Short Story Award
      http://www.givalpress.com/

      Deadline:
      August 8, 2009 (postmarked)
      Our dates never change, if the date falls on a Sunday, then Monday becomes the default postmarked date.

      Guidelines:
      Submissions of a previously unpublished original (not a translation) short story in English must be approximately 5,000 to 15,000 words of high literary quality, typed, double-spaced on one side of the paper only, with word count in the upper left hand side of the first page, along with the title. The author's name should not appear on the numbered pages of the ms which should be clipped together. Author should keep a copy of the submission as it will not be returned.

      Author Identification:
      Submit name, address, telephone number, email address on a separate page, along with the title of the short story submitted.

      A short bio should also be included.

      If the short story wins, the author must make the manuscript available to Gival Press on an IBM-compatible disk or CD in Rich Text Format (RTF)—this refers to how one saves the document on one's computer disk.

      Reading fee:
      $25.00 (USD) by check or money order drawn on an American bank for each short story submitted. Payable to: Gival Press, LLC.

      International entrants must send a check drawn on a USA bank routed through a USA address, such as Bank of America; no international money orders are acceptable.

      Please note that Gival Press can also accept the entry free by major credit card; however, we only take credit
      card information by phone (703.351.0079).

      Mail to:
      Robert L. Giron, Editor
      Gival Press Short Story Award
      Gival Press, LLC
      PO Box 3812
      Arlington, VA 22203.

      Notification of the Winner:
      Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) for notification of the winner or visit our website (http://www.givalpress.com), where the winner and finalists will be announced.

      We try our best to announce the winner in the fall of the same year. Unfortunately it takes time to read and judge the entries and to contact the individuals involved.

      Prize:
      Author will receive $1,000.00 and the winning story will be published on the Gival Press website and in a future anthology of short stories.

      Judging:
      Short stories will be judged anonymously and the decision of the judge will be final. The winner for the previous award will be the judge for the following year.

      Discount Offered to Entrants:
      Anyone who has entered a Gival Press contest may purchase any books published or distributed by Gival Press at a 20% discount off the retail price, with free shipment. Credit cards are preferred. Kindly either call us (703.351.0079 - leave a message if we can't answer when you call and we will call you back) or send us an email with your phone number and we will call you, as we only accept the credit card information by phone.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 3, 2010
        Gival Press Short Story Contest
        http://www.givalpress.com/

        Deadline:
        August 8, 2010 (postmarked)

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 29, 2011
          8th annual short story award: Gival Press
          http://www.givalpress.com/

          Deadline:
          August 8, 2011 (postmarked)

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 23, 2013
            10TH ANNUAL GIVAL PRESS SHORT STORY AWARD for best original previously unpublished literary story (not a chapter of a novel) in English, approximately 5,000 to 15,000 words. Prize $1,000 and publication on Web site. Reading fee $25 per story submitted. Deadline August 8 (postmarked). For complete details, e-mail givalpressATyahooDOTcom or visit Web site www.givalpress.com. Gival Press, P.O. Box 3812, Arlington, VA 22203.