call for poems: Barn Owl Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2009
      Barn Owl Review is OPEN for submissions

      BOR's open reading period will close 1 November 2009.

      http://www.barnowlreview.com/submissions.html

      Barn Owl Review 3 Call for Submissions:

      Barn Owl Review welcomes submissions for its third volume, which will be an all-poetry issue. We are a handsomely designed print journal looking for work that takes risks while still connecting with readers. We aim to publish the highest quality poetry from both emerging and established writers.Barn Owl Review 3 will be released in April 2010 at the AWP bookfair in Denver. Though Barn Owl Review is  a print journal, submissions are only taken electronically. Please follow our guidelines carefully.

      SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
      Submit your manuscript as an attachment formatted for MS Word or .rtf  with ‘Poetry Submission: NAME’ as an email subject line (for example, 'Poetry Submission: Emily Dickinson'). Include contact information in the attachment.

      E-mail address: <submit(at)barnowlreview.com> (replace (at) with @)

      A cover letter with contact information is required, and should be pasted into your email message and addressed to the editors. Please list your attachment's name in the body of your cover letter. We are unable to open attachments that are not specified as such.

      Simultaneous submissions are welcome with immediate notification of acceptance elsewhere. No previously published work, please. Barn Owl Review will provide pre-publication galleys of accepted work. Please note that we only accept one s
      ubmission per author per genre during our reading period.

      POETRY: Submit 3-5 poems (in a single attachment) to the attention of the poetry editors. Barn Owl Review favors no particular poetic style or school; however, we look for innovation and risk-taking in the poems that we publish.  We are interested in poems with a strong narrative or lyric presence by poets who understand the energy of the line, poems that “make it new” in a way that’s truly new.  Barn Owl Review prides itself on being eclectic and strives to publish new writers alongside established ones. Submissions of inspirational/greeting card verse are not for us, but otherwise we are quite open to subject and style. Dazzle us. Curl our toes. But most of all, surprise us.

      FICTION and CRITICAL PROSE: We are now publishing poems exclusively, so we will not be able to read submissions of fiction or critical prose.