all genres accepted contest: Georgetown Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2009
      2010 Georgetown Review Contest

      http://georgetownreview.georgetowncollege.edu/submissions.htm

      $1,000 and publication to the winning short story, poem, or essay on any theme or subject. All genres welcome.

      Submissions must be postmarked by on or before October 1, 2009.

      Entry fee is $10 for the first entry, $5 for each entry thereafter. One poem, story, or essay counts as one entry. Please make out checks or money orders to "Georgetown Review."

      If you want your work returned or want to receive a notice about the winner and runners-up, you must send us a stamped, self-addressed envelope. However, we will post a list of the work we choose on our website after the contest is judged, and we will do our best to have this list up by February 2009.

      The magazine’s editors will judge.

      Simultaneous and multiple submissions are okay. Your name can appear on your work as well, and in fact, we prefer that your name, address and email address appear on your entries. We have a small editorial staff and would not award the prize to any colleagues, students, or friends. You do not need a cover sheet.

      All entries are considered for publication. In the 2009 contest, 17 runner-up works were selected for publication. If your work is published, Georgetown Review acquires first North American rights, which means that after we publish the piece the rights to it revert back to you.

      Send entries to:

      2009 Contest
      Georgetown Review
      400 East College Street