one year admin/teach CW job: U of MS

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2007
      The University of Mississippi's Department of English invites applications
      for a one-year, renewable position (for up to three years) for a Visiting
      Professor of English and Administrative Assistant for our MFA Program. This will be
      a 9-month, non-tenure-track appointment. The position carries a 3/2 teaching
      load, plus administrative duties involved in running our small, prestigious
      Creative Writing Program. Teaching responsibilities will include teaching both
      graduate and undergraduate poetry workshops, as well as the occasional
      introductory literature courses. A terminal degree (MFA or PhD in poetry writing or
      literature) is required; substantial publications, teaching experience, and
      administrative experience are strongly desired. Salary will be $30-$34K per annum.

      The successful applicant will be expected to take up the position in August
      2007. Along with an application on the UM Human Resources website
      (http://jobs.olemiss.edu), applicants must submit a letter of application, vitae, at least
      two letters of recommendation, five-to-ten pages of poetry, and sample
      syllabi. Phone interviews will be held for this position, and applications will be
      considered until the position is filled. For further information, contact
      Patrick Quinn at pquinn(at)olemiss.edu (replace (at) with @). The University of
      Mississippi is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA Employer.
      Application Information

      Apply for this Position through My HigherEdJobs
      Postal Address:
      Patrick Quinn
      English
      The University of Mississippi