fiction contest for lawyers: New York Law Journal
- Enter the New York Law Journal's Fiction Contest:
• National contest is open to attorneys, law professors & law students.
• Prizes: $1,000 (first place), $500 (second place), and $250 (third place). In addition, first place manuscript to be published (one time only) as special feature of the New York Law Journal edition of Friday, Dec. 4, 2009.
• Manuscripts of 1,000 to 5,000 words must be works of fiction, set in the legal milieu, or with attorneys, law professors or law students as principal characters. A manuscript may be either a short story or a chapter(s) from a novel in progress.
• Deadline is Friday, Nov. 6, 2009. Mail five hard copies of manuscript—along with author name, address, telephone number(s) and e-mail address—to:
Attn: NYLJ FICTION CONTEST
New York Law Journal
120 Broadway – 5th floor
New York, N.Y. 10271-1101
• Ten finalists to be short-listed for judging. Finalists’ works to be published at NYLJ/NYLawyer.com on one-time, unpaid basis.
• Top three winners from short list to be selected by an independent panel of judges (to include author/attorney Linda Fairstein).
• Winners to be honored with surprise announcements during reception for all entrants, to be held at New York City Bar Association headquarters (42 West 44th Street, NYC 10036) on the evening of Thursday, December 3, 2009.
• Entrants subject to contest letter of agreement covering eligi
bility and author warranty of originality of fiction, and warranty that manuscript does not defame or libel real life individuals or institutions.
For questions & further information, contact:
NYLJ Fiction Contest coordinator
<tadcocknyc(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @)
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]