call for submissions, special Illinois issue: Crab Orchard Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2009
      A Call for Submissions for CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW

       THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS OCTOBER 31, 2009. THIS IS A POSTMARK DEADLINE, SO THERE IS NO NEED TO EXPRESS MAIL, OVERNIGHT, OR FAX ANY SUBMISSION. CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW DOES NOT CONSIDER ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS AT ANY TIME, SO PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL YOUR SUBMISSION. THANK YOU.--

      Special Issue: Land of Lincoln ~
      Writing from and about Illinois

      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW is seeking work for our Summer/Fall 2010 issue focusing on writing by Illinois writers and writing from writers outside Illinois about the people, places, past and present of Illinois.

      All submissions should be original, unpublished poetry, fiction, or literary nonfiction in English or unpublished translations in English (we do run bilingual, facing-page translations whenever possible). Please query before submitting any interview.

      For our general submission guidelines, check our Web site at<http://www.siuc.edu/~crborchd/guid2.html>.

      Mail submissions to:

      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW

      Land of Lincoln issue

      Faner 2380, Mail Code 4503

      Southern Illinois University Carbondale

      1000 Faner Drive

      Carbondale, IL 62901

      United States of America

      The submission period for this issue is August 1, 2009 through October 31, 2009. We will be reading submissions throughout this period and hope to complete the editorial work on the issue by the end of February 2010. Writers whose work is selected will receive $25 (US) per magazine page ($50
      minimum for poetry; $100 minimum for prose) and two copies of the issue.