contest for poetry or short story collection: Black Lawrence Press

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2009
      Deadline for the St. Lawrence Book Award is August 31

      About the St. Lawrence Book Award
      http://www.blacklawrence.com/

      Each year Black Lawrence Press awards The St. Lawrence Book Award for an unpublished collection of poems or short stories. The St. Lawrence Book Award is open to any writer who has not yet published a full-length collection of short stories or poems. The winner of this contest will receive book publication, a $1,000 cash award, and ten copies of the book. Prizes will be awarded on publication.

      How to Submit

      In order to reduce the costs of printing and postage and in the spirit of being a bit greener, Black Lawrence Press now accepts electronic submissions rather than hard copies for our contests.

      Please include the following in your electronic submission:

      -A cover letter with brief bio and contact information including your e-mail address(es)

      -A .rtf, .doc, or .pdf attachment including a title page, an acknowledgments page, a table of contents, and your manuscript with numbered pages.

      Email your submission to

      <editors(at)blacklawrencepress.com> (replace (at) with @)

      Please submit your $25 entry fee via Paypal. You can submit your payment via our website by going to this link and scrolling half way down the page where you will find a Paypal button:

      http://blacklawrence.com/stlawrence_1.html

      Mak
      e sure to submit both your entry and your entry fee by August 31.

      For more information about the prize, refer to our website.