journal seeks creative work about Pakistan

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2009
      Pakistaniaat: A Journal of Pakistan Studies seeks scholarly articles, creative works (fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry), or book reviews that focus on some aspect of Pakistan or Pakistani culture.  We read all year.

      We are a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary electronic journal offering a forum for a serious academic and creative engagement with various aspects of Pakistani culture, literature, and politics. Thus, Pakistaniaat aims to provide a public space on the Internet to introduce and discuss hitherto neglected aspects of Pakistani cultural and literary production and to make this knowledge available to a worldwide audience.

      Though several esteemed journals do exist that pay a fair degree of attention to the issues of South Asia and Postcoloniality, we feel that under the current climate of high capital and war on terror, Pakistan, often subsumed under the larger registers of South Asia or Postcolonial Studies, needs a particular space of its own in our academic and creative undertakings.

      This e-journal, thus, aims to provide an inclusive venue to all those interested in issues specifically related to Pakistan, its culture, literature, and its place in the region as well as the world. We aim to accomplish the important mission of “covering Pakistan” by publishing critical essays, creative works, translations, and critical reviews of books about Pakistani culture and literature.

      Submit online at the journal's website: http://pakistaniaat.org

      Editors:
      Dr. Masood Raja, academic=2
      0works