fiction contest: Zoetrope

    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 6 5:06 AM
      THIRTEENTH ANNUAL ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY SHORT FICTION CONTEST

      http://www.all-story.com/contests.cgi

      Judged by: Yiyun Li

      First prize: $1,000

      Second prize: $500

      Third prize: $250

      The three prizewinners and seven honorable mentions will be considered for representation by the William Morris Agency, ICM, Regal Literary, the Elaine Markson Literary Agency, Inkwell Management, Sterling Lord Literistic, and the Georges Borchardt Literary Agency.

      The deadline is October 1, 2009. Results will be announced at this website December 1, 2009, and in the Spring 2010 issue of Zoetrope: All-Story; and the winning story will be published as a special online supplement to that Spring 2010 issue.

      Complete Contest Guidelines:

      We accept all genres of literary fiction. Entries must be: unpublished; strictly 5,000 words or less; and accompanied by a entry fee per story. There are no formatting restrictions; please ensure only that the story is legible.

      We welcome multiple entries ($15/story) and entries from outside the U.S. We will e-mail contest updates to anyone who provides an active e-mail address. Entrants retain all rights to their stories. Once a story is submitted, we cannot accept an updated draft. (However, an entrant is welcome to submit an updated draft as a new entry.) Entry fees will not be returned or adjusted.

      To enter, writers must register their contact and story information online. Then they may either upload an entry to the site
      and pay by credit card or mail a hard copy and pay by check or money order. Stories uploaded to the site must be in one of the following file formats: Adobe Acrobat PDF, Microsoft Word, or Rich Text Format.

      Entries must be complete by 11:59 P.M. PDT on October 1, 2009.

      Enter here. (The entry process is hosted by our sister site, Zoetrope.com, which is entirely secure.)

      Please e-mail us at <contests(at)all-story.com> (replace (at) with @)with further questions. Thank you for your interest, and good luck!

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 24, 2009
          THIRTEENTH ANNUAL ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY SHORT FICTION CONTEST

          Judged by: Yiyun Li

          First prize: $1,000
          Second prize: $500
          Third prize: $250

          The three prizewinners and seven honorable mentions will be considered for representation by the William Morris Agency, ICM, Regal Literary, the Elaine Markson Literary Agency, Inkwell Management, Sterling Lord Literistic, and the Georges Borchardt Literary Agency.

          The deadline is October 1, 2009. Results will be announced at this website December 1, 2009, and in the Spring 2010 issue of Zoetrope: All-Story; and the winning story will be published as a special online supplement to that Spring 2010 issue.

          Complete Contest Guidelines:
          We accept all genres of literary fiction. Entries must be: unpublished; strictly 5,000 words or less; and accompanied by a $15 entry fee per story. There are no formatting restrictions; please ensure only that the story is legible.

          We welcome multiple entries ($15/story) and entries from outside the U.S. We will e-mail contest updates to anyone who provides an active e-mail address. Entrants retain all rights to their stories. Once a story is submitted, we cannot accept an updated draft. (However, an entrant is welcome to submit an updated draft as a new entry.) Entry fees will not be returned or adjusted.

          To enter, writers must register their contact and story information online. Then they may either upload an entry to the site and pay by credit card or mail a hard copy and pay by check or money order. Stori
          es uploaded to the site must be in one of the following file formats: Adobe Acrobat PDF, Microsoft Word, or Rich Text Format.

          Entries must be complete by 11:59 P.M. PDT on October 1, 2009.

          Enter at

          https://www.zoetrope.com/contests_allstory/secure/

          (The entry process is hosted by our sister site, Zoetrope.com, which is entirely secure.)
          Please e-mail us at <contests(at)all-story.com> with further questions. Thank you for your interest, and good luck!

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 14, 2009
[...]

            To enter, writers must register their contact and story information online. Then they may either upload an entry to the20site and pay by credit card or mail a hard copy and pay by check or money order. Stories uploaded to the site must be in one of the following file formats: Adobe Acrobat PDF, Microsoft Word, or Rich Text Format.

            Please e-mail us at contests@... with further questions. Thank you for your interest, and good luck!

            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 7, 2011
              FIFTEENTH ANNUAL ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY SHORT FICTION CONTEST

              Contest Entry Link:
              https://www.zoetrope.com/contests_allstory/secure/index.cgi

              Guest Judge: Jim Shepard

              First prize: $1,000
              Second prize: $500
              Third prize: $250

              The three prizewinners and seven honorable mentions will be considered for representation by William Morris Endeavor, ICM, Regal Literary, the Elaine Markson Literary Agency, Inkwell Management, Sterling Lord Literistic, Aitken Alexander Associates, Barer Literary, the Gernert Company, and the Georges Borchardt Literary Agency.

              Important Dates:
              Entries must be complete by October 3, 2011, at 11:59 P.M. PDT. Results will be announced at the website December 15 and in the Spring 2012 issue of Zoetrope: All-Story; and the winning story will be published as a special online supplement to that Spring 2012 issue.

              Complete Guidelines:
              We accept all genres of literary fiction. Entries must be: unpublished; strictly 5,000 words or less; and accompanied by a $15 entry fee per story. There are no formatting restrictions; please ensure only that the story is legible.

              We welcome multiple entries ($15/story) and entries from outside the U.S. We will e-mail contest updates and results to anyone who provides an active e-mail address. Entrants retain all rights to their stories. Once a story is submitted, we cannot accept an updated draft. (However, an entrant is welcome to submit an updated draft as a new entry.) Entry fees will not be returned or adjusted.

              Please e-mail us at contests@... with further questions. Thank you for your interest, and good luck!
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 27, 2012
                SIXTEENTH ANNUAL ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY SHORT FICTION CONTEST
                http://www.all-story.com/contests.cgi
                Guest Judge: Karen Russell

                First prize: $1,000
                Second prize: $500
                Third prize: $250

                The three prizewinners and seven honorable mentions will be considered for representation by William Morris Endeavor, ICM, Regal Literary, the Elaine Markson Literary Agency, Inkwell Management, Sterling Lord Literistic, Aitken Alexander Associates, Barer Literary, the Gernert Company, and the Georges Borchardt Literary Agency.

                Important Dates:
                The contest will open for entries July 1. Entries must be complete by October 1, 2012, at 11:59 P.M. PDT. Results will be announced at the website December 15 and in the Spring 2013 issue of Zoetrope: All-Story; and the winning story will be published as a special online supplement to that Spring 2013 issue.

                Complete Guidelines:
                We accept all genres of literary fiction. Entries must be: unpublished; strictly 5,000 words or less; and accompanied by a $20 entry fee per story. There are no formatting restrictions; please ensure only that the story is legible.

                We welcome multiple entries ($20/story) and entries from outside the U.S. We will e-mail contest updates and results to anyone who provides an active e-mail address. Entrants retain all rights to their stories. Once a story is submitted, we cannot accept an updated draft. (However, an entrant is welcome to submit an updated draft as a new entry.) Entry fees will not be returned or adjusted.

                Please return July 1 to register your story online and enter the contest. In the meantime, should you have any questions, please e-mail us at <contests(at)all-story.com>. Thank you for your interest.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 16, 2013
                    SEVENTEENTH ANNUAL ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY SHORT FICTION CONTEST

                    http://www.all-story.com/contests.cgi
                    Guest Judge: David Means
                    First prize: $1,000
                    Second prize: $500
                    Third prize: $250
                    The three prizewinners and seven honorable mentions will be considered for representation by William Morris Endeavor, ICM, Regal Literary, the Elaine Markson Literary Agency, Inkwell Management, Sterling Lord Literistic, Aitken Alexander Associates, Barer Literary, the Gernert Company, and the Georges Borchardt Literary Agency.
                    Important Dates:
                    Entries must be complete by October 1, 2013, at 11:59 P.M. PDT. Results will be announced at the website December 15 and in the Spring 2014 issue of Zoetrope: All-Story; and the winning story will be published as a special online supplement to that Spring 2014 issue.
                    Complete Guidelines:
                    We accept all genres of literary fiction. Entries must be: unpublished; strictly 5,000 words or fewer; and accompanied by a $20 entry fee per story. There are no formatting restrictions; please ensure only that the story is legible. Please omit all personal information from the manuscript itself (ie, name, address, e-mail address, phone number), as all stories are read blindly.
                    We welcome multiple entries ($20/story), simultaneous submissions, and entrants from outside the U.S. We will e-mail contest updates and results to anyone who provides an active e-mail address. Entrants retain all rights to their stories. Once a story is submitted, we cannot accept an updated draft. (However, an entrant is welcome to submit an updated draft as a new entry.) Entry fees will not be returned or adjusted.
                    Please e-mail us at contests@... with further questions. Thank you for your interest, and good luck!

                    Contest entry portal: https://www.zoetrope.com/contests_allstory/secure/index.cgi

                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 4, 2014

                      EIGHTEENTH ANNUAL ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY SHORT FICTION CONTEST

                      Entry area:

                      Guest Judge: Ben Fountain

                      First prize: $1,000
                      Second prize: $500
                      Third prize: $250

                      The three prizewinners and seven honorable mentions will be considered for representation by William Morris Endeavor; ICM; Regal Literary; Dunow, Carlson & Lerner Literary Agency; Markson Thoma Literary Agency; Inkwell Management; Sterling Lord Literistic; Aitken Alexander Associates; Barer Literary; the Gernert Company; and the Georges Borchardt Literary Agency.

                      Important Dates:
                      Entries must be complete by October 1, 2014, at 11:59 P.M. PDT. Results will be announced at the website December 15 and in the Spring 2015 issue of Zoetrope: All-Story; and the winning story will be published as a special online supplement to that Spring 2015 issue.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 30, 2014
                        EIGHTEENTH ANNUAL  ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY  SHORT FICTION CONTEST
                        http://www.all-story.com/contests.cgi
                        Entry area:
                        Zoetrope: All-Story Short Fiction Contest
                        Zoetrope: All-Story Short Fiction Contest
                        View on  www.zoetrope.com
                        Preview by Yahoo

[...]
                        Please e-mail us at  contestsATall-storyDOTcom  with further questions. Thank you for your interest, and good luck!