contest for Christian writing: Life Press
- LIFE PRESS CHRISTIAN WRITERS’ CONFERENCE
12th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
P 0 Box 2018, Cordova, TN 38088
E-mail: <Gmoearth(at)aol.com> (replace (at) with @)
August 1, 2009
July 6, 2009 (Postmark)
Contest Rules: All entries should be inspirational or on any subject suitable for a Christian publication, and may be previously published or unpublished. Entries will not be considered for publication, only for awards. No first place poems or prose from previous years or work published in Grandmother Earth can be entered.
Welcome, writers everywhere.
1. Poetry: 50-line limit. $50, $25, $10
2. Prose: 2000-word limit. Fiction or non-fiction or devotionals. $50, $25, $15
Open to those who register to attend the conference:
4. Poetry: 40-line limit. $50, $15, $10
5. Prose: 1500-word limit. $50, $15, $10
All prose must be double spaced; poetry should be single spaced.
Fees: A fee of $5 entitles you to enter one entry. $2 for each additional entry. Critique from the judges is available for $10. Write the word critique on the upper right corner of each entry to be critiqued (limit 6 works in each category). No limit on the number of entries in each contest. Make checks payable to Life Press and mail to P. 0. Box 2018, Cordova, TN 380
88. Postmark by July 6. Send one copy of each original entry with name and number of the contest and no identification. Include a cover sheet with your name, address, telephone number, email and list of all entries in each contest with total fees paid. Please send a self-addressed stamped envelope for winners’ list. Entries being critiqued will be returned at the conference or if a SASE is enclosed.
PLEASE ADVISE US OF ANY CHANGE IN ADDRESS AFTER ENTERING THE CONTEST
See Website for rules for the Poetry Society of Tennessee’s Mid-South Poetry Festival
If you are interested in attending, please email or send an SASE for details or see website.
This conference will be of benefit for writers regardless of whether or now you write
for Christian publications. Please pre-register by July 30. $30 includes lunch and
Conference Fees: A $35 Registration fee entitles a participant to send one entry ($2 each additional entry), have all entries (limit 6 works in each category) critiqued and includes Continental Breakfast and lunch.
Registration (including food, but with-out entries) is $30. Spouse Registration is $20.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]