call for submissions: Umbrella

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2009
      Subject: Call for Submissions: Umbrella

      Umbrella, the "supremely rereadable electronic journal," is now reading for our fall issue, online September 1st, 2009.

      For fall, we are reading both unthemed and themed poetry and prose.  For the themed section, we are looking for poems that have something to do with school subjects, e.g., history, geography, science, math, languages, Psych 101, whatever and et cetera.  Understand, we are not looking for retrospective poems that deal with your school days, but rather poems that encounter the subjects themselves.  We welcome your submissions.

      Please see the submit page for complete guidelines and specific needs and preferences.

      http://www.umbrellajournal.com/submit.html

      Deadline:  August 10, 2009

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010
        Subject: Call for Submissions: Umbrella: A Journal of Poetry and Kindred Prose.

        Umbrella, the "supremely rereadable electronic journal," is now accepting submissions for our spring-summer issue, online May 1, 2010. Both general poetry subs and poems on the theme of "gall" are invited, as is poetry-related prose.

        Please see the submit page for complete guidelines and specific needs and preferences.

        On an ongoing basis we also read poems written in repeating forms for our sister publication, Tilt-a-Whirl. Guidelines at the bottom of theUmbrella submit page.

        http://www.umbrellajournal.com/submit.html

        Deadline: April 10, 2009

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 14, 2010

          Umbrella, the "supremely rereadable electronic journal," is now accepting non-themed submissions for our fall-winter issue, online Nov 1, 2010.

          Please see the submit page for complete guidelines and specific needs and preferences.

          On an ongoing basis we also read poems written in repeating forms for our sister publication, Tilt-a-Whirl. Guidelines at the bottom of the Umbrella submit page.

          http://www.umbrellajournal.com/submit.html

          Deadline: October 15, 2010

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 14, 2012

            Umbrella, the "supremely rereadable electronic journal," is now accepting submissions for our winter-spring issue, online Nov 1, 2012.

            This time around, we are reading both non-themed poems and those mining the theme of "psychological states": not only those listed in the psych manuals but also more general moods across a broad spectrum of interiority.

            Please study the submission page for complete guidelines and specific needs and preferences.

            Deadline: October 15, 2012

            http://www.umbrellajournal.com/submit.html