poetry and fiction contest: JUKED

    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2009
      2009 Juked Fiction and Poetry Prizes
      http://www.juked.com/prize/

      We are currently accepting entries for our 2009 JukedFiction and Poetry Prizes.  Winners in each of the genres will receive $500 and publication in print issue #7.  Our final judges this year are Dan Chaon (fiction) and Dora Malech (poetry).  This year we will also accept electronic submissions to help everyone cut down on costs.

      Submission Guidelines:

      First prize for each genre: $500 and publication in our upcoming print issue, Juked #7.

      Current and former students of the judges are not eligible to compete.

      Fiction:  send one story per entry.  There is no length requirement.

      Poetry:  send up to five poems (no more than ten pages total) per entry.

      Entries must be previously unpublished.

      Simultaneous submissions are fine, but notify us immediately if your work has been accepted elsewhere.

      Fee is $10 per entry.  There is no limit on the number of entries you may submit.

      Include a cover page with your name, address, e-mail, telephone number and the title(s) of your story or poems.  Do not put your name anywhere else on the manuscript.

      We will notify via e-mail;do not include an SASE.

      Results will be announced in October 2009.

      Submitting by Mail:

      Include entry fee, cash or check or money order, payable to Juked.

      Indicate "Fiction" or "Poetry" on the front of the envelope.

      Manuscripts will not be returned; they will be placed gently in the recycling b
      in.

      Postmark deadline is August 31st, 2009.

      Mail to:
      Juked
      110 Westridge Dr.
      Tallahassee, FL 32304

      Submitting by E-Mail:  go to

      http://www.juked.com/prize/

      for instructions on submitting via e-mail