call for submissions from writers born from 1973-1993

    Message 1 of 1 , May 21 9:15 AM
      The Splinter Generation is currently accepting submissions from writers
      who were born between 1973 and 1993 for an ongoing online generational
      literary compilation. We are looking for the best poetry, creative
      nonfiction and fiction these writers have to offer. In particular, we’re
      looking for work that captures what it is to be a member of our
      generation. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis, but the reading
      period will end on November 1.

      We have undertaken this project again because our generation — and
      literature in general — is facing a challenging moment in history. While
      the problems of the world may often seem insurmountable, we believe there
      is still power in literature. Our voices still matter and we intend to
      find the strongest voices of our generation. Many mainstream publishers no
      longer have the resources or the will to publish important, emerging
      writers. But we do. And we will, because this is a time when we need fresh
      literature to make sense of our world.

      Whether you have previously published or not, we want to hear something
      fresh.

      We know this may mean thinking outside of what “literature” has generally
      come to mean. Because we love writing, we are seeking work that is based
      on the written word, but, in the spirit of our generation, the work may
      also (though it does not have to) use links, video, audio, or any other
      tools the internet has to offer. What we want is something powerful and
      something that embodies what it means to
      be a member of this generation.
      Send us work that will wrap us in a story while making us think deeply. In
      short, send us your best work that represents who you are and advances
      what literature can be online.

      Simultaneous Submissions are accepted and even encouraged. If you do
      submit simultaneously, please let us know immediately if you’ve been
      accepted elsewhere. Previously published work may be considered, but
      please let us know the details of the previous publication in a cover
      letter.

      Specifications:

      Prose: Maximum 2500 words

      Poetry: Maximum three poems, any length (besides epic)

      Deadline: Rolling, but reading period closes November 1. We are publishing
      excellent work as we get it, so if you have something excellent that is
      ready, send it now! Certain authors we publish before October 1st may be
      asked to read, either remotely or in person, at a reading series in Los
      Angeles this winter.

      Please email submissions to <splintergeneration(at)gmail.com> with the
      genre (fiction, poetry or nonfiction) in the subject line. You can visit
      the site at www.splintergeneration.com.