call for poetry chapbooks: Slash Pine Press
- Call for Open Submissions
Slash Pine Press is pleased to announce our first call for
chapbook-length manuscripts of poetry or mixed-genre. Please take a
moment to familiarize yourself with our mission and submission
procedures. If our aesthetic and philosophical ambitions line up with
yours, please send us the best work you've got.
* DEADLINE: Postmark June 30, 2009.
* Manuscripts should be no longer than 24 pp and be either poetry or
mixed-genre. We are not soliciting fiction at this time.
* No more than one poem or mixed-genre piece per page, please.
* No electronic submissions; multiple submissions OK.
* Include two title pages; one with title only; one with title, author's
name, and full contact information.
* All manuscripts receive a blind reading.
* Do not send SASE. Manuscripts will be recycled and results announced
on Slash Pine Press's website.
* Faculty, students, and graduates of the University of Alabama are not
eligible for publication.
* Decisions will be announced in September (sooner if possible).
Please send manuscripts to:
Slash Pine Press
Department of English
University of Alabama
PO Box 870244
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0244
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]