call for poetry chapbooks: Slash Pine Press

    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2009
      Call for Open Submissions

      Slash Pine Press is pleased to announce our first call for
      chapbook-length manuscripts of poetry or mixed-genre. Please take a
      moment to familiarize yourself with our mission and submission
      procedures. If our aesthetic and philosophical ambitions line up with
      yours, please send us the best work you've got.

      Submission Procedures:

      * DEADLINE: Postmark June 30, 2009.
      * Manuscripts should be no longer than 24 pp and be either poetry or
      mixed-genre. We are not soliciting fiction at this time.
      * No more than one poem or mixed-genre piece per page, please.
      * No electronic submissions; multiple submissions OK.
      * Include two title pages; one with title only; one with title, author's
      name, and full contact information.
      * All manuscripts receive a blind reading.
      * Do not send SASE. Manuscripts will be recycled and results announced
      on Slash Pine Press's website.
      * Faculty, students, and graduates of the University of Alabama are not
      eligible for publication.
      * Decisions will be announced in September (sooner if possible).

      Please send manuscripts to:

      Editors
      Slash Pine Press
      Department of English