call for poetry chapbooks: Slash Pine Press
- Call for Open Submissions
Slash Pine Press is pleased to announce our first call for
chapbook-length manuscripts of poetry or mixed-genre. Please take a
moment to familiarize yourself with our mission and submission
procedures. If our aesthetic and philosophical ambitions line up with
yours, please send us the best work you've got.
* DEADLINE: Postmark June 30, 2009.
* Manuscripts should be no longer than 24 pp and be either poetry or
mixed-genre. We are not soliciting fiction at this time.
* No more than one poem or mixed-genre piece per page, please.
* No electronic submissions; multiple submissions OK.
* Include two title pages; one with title only; one with title, author's
name, and full contact information.
* All manuscripts receive a blind reading.
* Do not send SASE. Manuscripts will be recycled and results announced
on Slash Pine Press's website.
* Faculty, students, and graduates of the University of Alabama are not
eligible for publication.
* Decisions will be announced in September (sooner if possible).
Please send manuscripts to:
Slash Pine Press
Department of English
University of Alabama
PO Box 870244
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0244
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- Each academic year, Slash Pine Press publishes two to four chapbooks in limited runs of 125 copies.The reading period is now open for our poetry chapbook series. We are looking for poetry chapbook manuscripts to publish in fall 2015.https://slashpinepress.submittable.com/submit/42375DEADLINE: July 15, 2015Guidelines:All manuscripts receive a blind reading. The author’s name should not appear anywhere on the manuscript or in the title of file (on Submittable blind readers can still see the name of the file). Those manuscripts that include the author's name will be disqualified.Please include your name and full contact information only in the “cover letter” section of the submission page. Authors may also list acknowledgments on the manuscript if desired.Simultaneous submissions are OK, but no multiple submissions will be accepted.Manuscripts should be between 15-25 pages, not counting the title page, acknowledgment page, table of contents, etc.Collaborations are OK, but only by two authors.The accepted manuscript will be determined by the editors and interns of Slash Pine Press. Decisions will be announced in September 2015.The $5 reading fee will go to printing and administrative fees. The author of the accepted manuscript will receive 15 copies as well as the option to buy additional copies at a reduced cost.Faculty, students, staff, and graduates of the University of Alabama are not eligible for publication.As always, Slash Pine books are carefully designed and hand bound. To see examples of the books Slash Pine has published in the past, go to Slashpinepress.com.