online journal seeks submissions: Squid Quarterly

    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2009
      Online Journal Seeks Submissions: Squid Quarterly (www.squidquarterly.com)

      Squid Quarterly, a brand new online journal of the Short (short-shorts, microfiction, prose poetry, flash fiction) seeks submissions for its first issue, slated for publication at the end of June/beginning of July, 2009.<

      Please send us previously unpublished work of no more than 1,000 words by June 1st, 2009 to <submissions(at)squidquarterly.com> (replace (at) with @). Electronic submissions only, please!

      We welcome multiple submissions of up to 4 shorts (poetry or fiction), and simultaneous submissions, but please let us know immediately if a piece you’ve submitted is accepted for publication elsewhere.

      Please send your material as attachments in .doc format, and include a brief cover letter/bio in the body of your email.

      Our tastes are eclectic, so there are no specific guidelines about theme, subject matter, or narrative style. We’re simply looking for the best short work out there.

      If you have questions, please direct them to <couture(at)squidquarterly.com> (replace (at) with @)

      We nominate for the Pushcart Prize, and publish a year-end print anthology of the best work from each of our online issues.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2009
        Online Journal Seeks Submissions: Squid Quarterly (www.squidquarterly.com)

        Squid Quarterly, an online journal of the Short (short-shorts, microfiction, prose poetry, flash fiction) seeks submissions for its second issue.

        Please send us previously unpublished work of no more than 1,000 words to <submissions(at)squidquarterly.com> (replace (at) with @). Electronic submissions only, please!