call for submissions: Sunsets and Silencers

    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2009
      Call for submissions!

      Sunsets and Silencers, an monthly online and biannual print journal, is currently seeking submissions. We are open to a wide variety of styles and want to publish only the most innovative and creative work. S&S publishes short fiction, flash fiction, creative non-fiction, poetry, essays, paintings, photography, and comic strips as a platform for emerging and established artists to showcase their work.

      We are careful about the work we publish, and we read and consider every submission, carefully. We want to provide exposure to artists and writers who create out of a restless fever, and that are fearless in the choice to submit. So, send what you have, but pay attention to our mandates below:

      (1) Sunsets and Silencers accepts online submissions only.
      (2) Limit yourself to three pieces per submission, unless you're a poet. For poetry, send up to five poems at a time. Poems should be sent as word documents or a file that is attached as .doc
      (3) Online: 3,000 words max. Paste your work into an email: <charles.campbell(at)usm.edu> (replace (at) with @)

      (4) Do not submit previously published work.
      (5) Along with your submission, please send us a short biography: the world wants to know who you are.
      (6) Response time is usually one to two months.
      (7) We claim First Electronic Rights and First North American Rights, meaning Sunsets and Silencers must be the first publication to feature the work online and/or in print.
      (8) Submitting artwork online is a bit of a
      challenge. For reproduction quality we need scans of 300 dpi or higher but for e-mail opening we need lower resolutions. So when submitting artwork on-line, send low resolution and if we wish to use your work we will arrange to get the higher resolution scans. Usually a JPEG is enough to get you started.
      (10) As of right now we are a non-paying entity. However, we are working to change that!

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2011
        "Sunsets and Silencers," an online magazine, is now accepting
        submissions for our new issue.

        "Sunsets and Silencers" is open to a wide variety of styles and wants
        to publish only the most innovative and creative work. We are careful
        about the work we publish, and we read and consider every submission,
        carefully. S&S publishes short fiction, flash fiction, creative
        non-fiction, poetry, essays, paintings, photography, and comic strips
        as a platform for emerging and established artists to showcase their
        work. On promising work, we may offer feedback, even if the piece
        didn't work for us. Please, keep in mind, however, that we do not
        respond to every piece, mostly because of the volume of submissions
        received. We want to provide exposure to artists and writers who create
        out of a restless fever, and who are fearless in their choice to
        submit. So, send what you have, but please pay attention to our
        submission guidelines.

        (1) Sunsets and Silencers accepts online submissions only
        (2) Email your work to <Sunsets.Silencers(at)gmail.com> (replace (at)
        with @ in sending e-mail) and indicate genre in the Subject Line.

        More detailed submission guidelines can be found at:
        http://sunsetsandsilencers.com/home/archives
        The current issue of Sunsets and Silencers can be found at:
        http://sunsetsandsilencers.com

        -S&S Editors