first book poetry contest: DeNovo

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2009
      2009 De Novo Poetry Contest

      http://crpress.org/DeNovo-Award.aspx

      C&R Press is looking for the best manuscript from a previously unpublished American poet (a U.S. citizen who has not published a full-length collection of poetry before). In this annual contest, we are looking for manuscripts that exhibit striking language, memorable imagery, intellectual depth, and a respect for diversity in all areas of life. Ultimately we are interested in supporting the best, most exciting work we can find.

      Please include:

      55-85 page-manuscript (single-spaced & anonymous)

      one-paragraph biography in cover letter that includes ms. title & your contact information, including email & phone # (will be removed from the ms. during the judging phase)

      $25 entry fee payable to C&R Press.  $20 entry fee for contest entrants who have previously submitted to the DeNovo contest.  Payment can be made electronically via one of the four Paypal buttons to the right, or by mailing a check.  (Optional--include an additional $2.23 to receive a copy of winning book).

      Guidelines:

      Submission of more than one manuscript is acceptable; each manuscript must be submitted separately, each with entry fee.

      Because C&R is a green company, we are requesting that ALL manuscripts  be sent electronically to <crpress_org (at) yahoo.com> (replace (at) with @), as a .pdf or MS-Word attachment.  If you absolutely must mail a hard copy, let us know about it first.

      Please let us know immediately if your manuscript is accepted by
      another publisher while under our consideration.

      No revisions to submitted manuscripts will be considered; the winning manuscript may be revised before publication.

      Manuscripts may consist of poems that have been published, but the manuscript as a whole must not have been previously published.

      Close friends, former students, and current or former colleagues of the judge are ineligible.

      Translations are ineligible.

      Winner receives $500 and 20 copies.

      All entries will be considered for publication. We published three manuscripts from the 2008 contest alone.

      2009 Contest Submission Period: February 15 - May 15. (Entries received after May 15 will NOT be considered for the 2009 De Novo Contest.)

      2009 Judge: Jeff Knorr