cw teaching job (one-year): DePaul Univ

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2009
      DePaul University. The English Department invites applications for a nine-course, non-tenure-track, full-time position in Creative Writing beginning in September 2010.  This one-year position is eligible for reappointment.  The successful candidate will teach a variety of creative writing workshops in DePaul’s Creative Writing concentration within the English major & in the graduate Master of Arts in Writing & Publishing program.  A secondary specialty in American or contemporary literature, ethnic literatures, or world literature is welcome.  Candidates should be prepared to teach general education courses for majors & non majors in the university’s Liberal Studies program.  Salary is commensurate with experience.  Full benefits are provided. Candidates must have the appropriate terminal degree in hand by September 2010, demonstrated expertise in teaching, & a record of publication & ongoing creative activity. We seek candidates with a commitment to undergraduate education, experience teaching students of diverse backgrounds, & a sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural student population. We particularly seek candidates who mirror the diversity of the university & its urban setting, & we specifically solicit applications from women, people of color, & individuals from other historically underrepresented groups. To apply, send a letter & a c.v. to: Anne Clark Bartlett, Chair, Department of English, DePaul University, 802 W Belden Ave., Chicago, IL, 60614-3214. If submitting electronically, please send two
      copies, one to <abartlett(at)depaul.edu> and the other to <cclark6(at)depaul.edu>.  Deadline: June 1. AA/EOE. (replace (at) with @) in sending e-mails).
      =