call for submissions: CaKe

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22 6:17 AM
      CaKe, journal of poetry and art, would like to invite all to submit any work of
      poetry, visual art, shoot book reviews/critiques, and essays to

      <cakesubmissions(at)hotmail.com>. (replace (at) with @)

      We're coming up with different concepts for these
      issues right now.

      For now, the summer issue will be an issue focused on Women of
      color. Feel free to submit any work to our email for us to review. Also, our
      third issue is now available for $4.

      To get a copy, please email us at <cakesubmissions(at)hotmail.com>

      (replace (at) with @)

      . Thank you & may all be blessed.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2009
        CaKe, a journal of poetry and art, is now accepting submissions of up to five poems and art as jpeg to <cakepoetryandart(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @).

        Our Spring Issue is focusing on *family*, but is very open. We also encourage book reviews, interviews, and essays.
        Website: http://haveasliceofcakepoetry.blogspot.com/

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2010
          CaKe, a journal of poetry & art

          The literary magazine of Florida A&M University is seeking submissions of poetry, fiction, non-fiction, essays, and b/w art for the annual issue to be released in April.
          There is no current theme. The editors like work that is avant, experimental, post-modern, and/or genre-bending. Of course, we will consider anything that presents literary merit.

          Past contributors are Amiri Baraka, Campbell McGrath, Denise Duhamel, Terese Svoboda, Maureen Seaton, Neil de la Flor, Paulette Beete, Sandra Simonds, and Shane Allison.

          Guest Fiction Editor is Nahal Suzanne Jamir

          Please send text as attachments and art and photos as jpeg to
          <cakepoetryandart(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @) Limit your sumissions to a reasonable amount.

          We are sorry but we cannot accept work from undergraduates.

          Kristine Snodgrass
          Instructor of English
          Editor, CaKe, a journal of poetry & art
          428 Tucker Hall
          Florida A&M University
          Tallahassee, FL 32307-4800
          850.599.3199
          850.561.2976 (fax)

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2011
            CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

            Cake, a journal of poetry & art from Florida A&M University seeks submissions of poetry, fiction, interviews, reviews, and art (b/w) for its sixth volume, to be printed in March/April 2012.

            An emerging journal, CaKe has featured work from Amiri Baraka, Campbell McGrath, Samiya Bashir, Timothy Black, Uche Nduka, and Terese Svoboda. We are a small journal from the English Dept. at Florida A&M University that likes diversity and difference; we publish students and established writers, first-time writers and seasoned academics. All submissions are also considered for our online mag, SLICES, haveasliceofcakepoetry.blogspot.com.

            GUIDELINES

            POETRY: Submit up to five poems in one doc. as an attachment. Please also send a bio, phone number, and mailing address.

            PROSE: Submit up to 15 pages of prose as attachment in one doc. Please also send a bio, phone number, and mailing address

            BOOK REVIEWS: SHORT. As attachment. Bio, address, phone.

            ART: We prefer black and white. Send as jpeg.

            Response time is slow and may vary. We are a very small staff, and do our best to give you a timely response.

            *Put your last name, genre, and submission in the subject line. For ex: Snodgrass_Poetrysubmission

            Please send submissions to <cakepoetryandart(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)

            To purchase a journal, please mail a check for $7 payable to Cake to:

            Cake, a journal of poetry & art
            Dept. of English
            446 Tucker Hall
            Florida A&M University
            Tallahassee, FL 32307

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 13, 2014
              CaKe is now accepting submissions of poetry, prose, interviews, art (Jpeg), and book reviews.

              Please send as attachment with short bio and description of work to

              <cakepoetryandartATgmailDOTcom>

              Deadline January 9, 2015. For more info, email Kristine Snodgrass at kristine.snodgrassATfamuDOTedu.