online journal seeks creative work by women: Southern Women's Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2009
      Call for Submissions

      Southern Women's Review is currently seeking submissions for our premiere issue to be posted on-line beginning July, 2009. Please submit your poetry/prose, fiction, creative nonfiction/memoirs, or photography along with contributor’s notes by May 1st, 2009

      to <southernwomensreview(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @). Please include type of submission in the subject line.

      Visit www.southernwomensreview.com for detailed editorial guidelines. Note: Your submission gives us permission to use your work extensively online. At this time, we do not pay upon publication.

      About Us

      This on-line literary journal was inspired by the biennial Berry College Southern Women Writer's Conference—a conference whose theme we share: "showcasing the works of well known and emerging southern women writers, expanding the literary canon, and developing critical and theoretical understandings of traditions and innovations in southern women’s writing" (http://www.berry.edu/academics/humanities/english/swwc2009/).

      Whether you are a born and bred Southerner, a Southern transplant, or merely a frequent visitor, we welcome you to submit your poetry/prose, fiction, creative nonfiction/memoirs, and photography. Submissions should be from women who were born in or grew up in the U.S. South; currently live in the U.S. South; or write about the U.S. South. For editorial purposes, we consider the U.S. South to be a region comprised of the following areas: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Louis
      iana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Maryland, Washington DC, and West Virginia.