short story contest: Scribes Valley

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
      http://scribesvalley.com/guidelines.html

      Mail Entries to:
      Short Story Contest
      Scribes Valley Publishing
      6824 Drybrook Lane
      Knoxville, TN 37921-7312

      Current deadline: July 31, 2009

      Short stories word limit: 5000 words.

      Cover page: author's name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, approximate word count, and optional author bio. For electronic submissions, this information should be included at the top of your story in the uploaded file.

      Subsequent pages: title, last name, and page number at top.

      Snail-mailed submissions: typed, single-sided, font size that doesn't require a magnifying glass.

      Send copies only as materials will not be returned!

      Entry Fee: $8.00 US per story (nonrefundable).
      No limit on submissions. If entering by mail, please include check or money order payable to Scribes Valley.

      You can submit your manuscript on-line using the link above. The entry fee ($8.00) can be made securely on-line by credit card.

      Please proofread your submission for spelling and grammatical errors.

      Include a SASE (if entering by snail-mail) if you would like a reply from Scribes Valley. We usually send the judge's rating sheet if your entry is not chosen for publication.

      We try to notify authors by email when their entries are received. If you do not receive notification, drop us an email.

      Rules

      Contests are open to everyone, regardless of nationality, age, or publishing history, as=2
      0long as it is legal in the submitter's place of residence.

      All work must be original and unpublished. The author must own all rights to the submitted material. We require First Anthology Rights for those stories we publish.

      Simultaneous submissions are okay. However, if the work is published (or accepted for publication) elsewhere before the contest ends, the author must inform Scribes Valley Publishing so the story may be removed from contest consideration.

      Contest decisions are final.  Due to the volume of submissions, individual comment on stories may not always be available, but we'll give it a shot.

      Winners will be notified via any or all of the following: mail, e-mail, telephone. Please be sure all information in your submission is correct and current. If a winner is not reachable after all avenues are exhausted, another winner will be chosen.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2015

        Subject: short story contest: Scribes Valley

        Scribes Valley Publishing is accepting submissions for their 13th annual short story writing contest. All finalists (around 10-15 stories) are published in an annual contest anthology, both print and electronic versions. Monetary prizes for top 3 finalists are based on contest participation – the more entries we receive, the bigger the prize amounts. In addition, all finalists receive a copy of the finished anthology.
        Thrill us…amaze us…entertain us…TELL US A STORY!
        Deadline:  November 30, 2015
        Winners announced around January 15, 2016
        Word limit: 5,000
        Entry Fee:  $7.00 US
        You can enter by snail mail or online submission.
        Complete submission guidelines and rules on our website: http://www.scribesvalley.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 26
          Scribes Valley Publishing is accepting submissions for our 15th annual
          short story writing contest. All finalists (around 10-15 stories) are
          published in an annual contest anthology, both print and electronic
          versions. Monetary prizes for top 3 finalists are based on contest
          participation – the more entries we receive, the bigger the prize
          amounts. In addition, all finalists receive a copy of the finished
          anthology.

          Thrill us…amaze us…entertain us…TELL US A STORY!

          Deadline: November 30, 2017
          Winners announced around January 15, 2018