fiction contest: Hip Mama

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2009
      Hip Mama Fiction Contest

      http://hipmamazine.com/fictioncontest.html (go to this URL to pay entry fee online)

      It's time to make something up! ~~~
      For all of you beautiful liars out there- Hip Mama is gonna be breaking some fresh ground and doing a Short Story Contest judged by Kerlin Richter and Ariel Gore.

      First Prize is $100, your Short Story as the feature in issue 44, the Creativity issue, along with a profile and picture of your brilliant self, AND a Lifetime Subscription to Hip Mama (we don't even sell lifetime subscriptions anymore).

      Ten runners up will get a four issue subscription, their names and story titles in the zine and their full stories will be published online.

      ** what about?**

      Write any short story you want. Just make sure there is a Mama in there somewhere. It can be any genre, any style, from any ol' point of view. The only rule for content is:

      THERE MUST BE A MAMA IN THE STORY.

      ** how long?**

      Keep it under 2500 words.

      ** where to?**

      The best way is to attach your story as a word document and e-mail it to<hipmamazine(at)gmail.com>
      (replace (at) with @). In the subject line write 'Short Story Submission' and your name.

      or

      Mail it old school to P.O Box 12525, Portland OR 97212.

      ** how much?**

      $25 per story entry fee, or splurge and for $60 and I will mail back your story with comments.