poetry chapbook contest: Blue Light Press

    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2007
      Chapbook Contest Deadline Extended to June 30, 2007!

      The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a manuscript to
      the
      2007 BLUE LIGHT POETRY PRIZE and CHAPBOOK CONTEST.  Contest rules and
      previous winners are listed below.  Please share this E-mail with other poets, and if
      you teach writing, please let your students know about our contest.  If you
      have received this from a friend and want to be on our E-mail list, please send
      an E-mail to Bluelightpress(at)aol.com (replace (at) with @) and let us
      know.

      BLUE LIGHT PRESS
      Announces
      THE 2007 BLUE LIGHT POETRY PRIZE and CHAPBOOK CONTEST

      Guidelines:

      1.    Manuscripts should be 10 to 24 pages, typed or printed with a laser or
      inkjet printer.

      2.    The winner will be published by Blue Light Press, receive a $100.00
      honorarium and 50 copies of  his or her book, which can be sold for $8.00 each,
      for a total of $500.00.

      3.    Submit your manuscript by June 30, 2007.

      4.    There is a $10.00 reading fee.  Make your check payable to Blue Light
      Press.

      5.    Include a self-addressed stamped envelope.  No manuscript will be
      returned without a SASE.

      6.    The winner will be announced on or before October 1, 2007, and the book
      will be published in the spring of 2008.

      7.    If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript on
      disk.  Acceptable formats:
          IBM - WordPerfect, Word, or RTF (Rich Test Format).
          Macintosh - Clarisworks, Quark Express, Word, or RTF (Rich Test Format).

      8.    Send your manuscript, $10.00 check, and SASE to Blue Light Press Poetry
      Prize,
          3600 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123. Do not submit by E-mail.

      9.    Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail, as this
      requires a trip to the post office.  If you want confirmation of receipt,
      include a postcard with your manuscript.  If your manuscript comes a few days
      late, we will read it.

      Vision Statement:
      We like poems that are imagistic, emotionally honest, and contain a vision
      where the writer pushes through the imagery to a deeper level of insight. Our
      books are artistically designed.

      Books by Blue Light Press:
      Recent books include poets Becky Sakellariou, Alice Rogoff, Sarah
      McKinstry-Brown, Stewart Florsheim, Xue Di, Ken McCullough, and Diane Frank.  In 2007,
      look for books by Nancy Berg, Ed Meek, Michelle Demers, and Suzanne
      Niedermeyer.  We also have a new anthology forthcoming.

      Message 2 of 6 , May 25, 2008
        Chapbook Contest deadline extended to June 15, 2008:

        The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a manuscript to the 2008 BLUE LIGHT POETRY PRIZE and CHAPBOOK CONTEST.  Contest rules and previous winners are listed below.  Please share this E-mail with other poets, and if you teach writing, please let your students know about our contest.  If you have received this from a friend and want to be on our E-mail list, please send an E-mail to Bluelightpress(at)aol.com (replace (at) with @)

         and let us know.

        BLUE LIGHT PRESS
        Announces
        THE 2008 BLUE LIGHT POETRY PRIZE and CHAPBOOK CONTEST

        Guidelines:

        1.    Manuscripts should be 10 to 24 pages, typed or printed with a laser or inkjet printer.

        2.    The winner will be published by Blue Light Press, receive a $100.00 honorarium and 50 copies of  his or her book, which can be sold for $8.00 each, for a total of $500.00.

        3.    Submit your manuscript by June 15, 2008.

        4.    There is a $10.00 reading fee.  Make your check payable to Blue Light Press.

        5.    Include a self-addressed stamped envelope.  No manuscript will be returned without a SASE.

        6.    The winner will be announced on or before October 1, 2008, and the book will be published in the spring of 2009.

[...]

        Recent books include poets Michelle Demers, Becky Sakellariou, Alice Rogoff, Sarah McKinstry-Brown, Stewart Florsheim, Ed Meek, Xue Di, Ken McCullough, and Diane Frank.  In 2008, look for books by Nancy Berg, Christopher Buckley, and Suzanne Niedermeyer.  We also have a new anthology forthcoming.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 9, 2009
          Please note our new address:

          The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a manuscript to the 2009 BLUE LIGHT POETRY PRIZE and CHAPBOOK CONTEST.  Contest rules and previous winners are listed below.  Please share this E-mail with other poets, and if you teach writing, please let your students know about our contest.  If you have received this from a friend and want to be on our E-mail list, please send an E-mail to

          <Bluelightpress(at)aol.com> (replace (at) with @) and let us know.

          BLUE LIGHT PRESS
          Announces
          THE 2009 BLUE LIGHT POETRY PRIZE and CHAPBOOK CONTEST

          Guidelines:

          1.    Manuscripts should be 10 to 24 pages, typed or printed with a laser or inkjet printer.

          2.    The winner will be published by Blue Light Press, receive a $100.00 honorarium and 50 copies of  his or her book, which can be sold for $10.00 each, for a total of $600.00.

          3.    Submit your manuscript between February 1 and June 15, 2009.

          4.    There is a $10.00 reading fee.  Make your check payable to Blue Light Press.

          5.    Include a self-addressed stamped envelope.  No manuscript will be returned without a SASE.

          6.    The winner will be announced in November 2009, and the book will be published in the spring of 2010.

          7.    If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript on a CD.  Acceptable formats:
              IBM
          - WordPerfect, Word, or RTF (Rich Test Format).
              Macintosh - Clarisworks, Quark Express, Word, or RTF (Rich Test Format).

          8.    Send your manuscript, $10.00 check, and SASE to Blue Light Press Poetry Prize,
              1563 - 45th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122. Do not submit by E-mail.

          9.    Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail, as this requires a trip to the post office.  If you want confirmation of receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript.  If your manuscript comes a few days late, we will read it.

          Vision Statement:
          We like poems that are imagistic, emotionally honest, and contain a vision where the writer pushes through the imagery to a deeper level of insight. Our books are artistically designed.

          Books by Blue Light Press:
          Recent books include poets Michelle Demers, Leah Shelleda, Nancy Tupper-Ling, Kevin Zepper, Becky Sakellariou, Alice Rogoff, Diane Frank, Sarah McKinstry-Brown, Stewart Florsheim, Steve Schneider, Christopher Buckley, Ed Meek, Xue Di, and Ken McCullough.  In 2009, look for books by Nancy Berg, Rustin Larson, Will Walker, and Suzanne Niedermeyer.  We also have a new anthology forthcoming.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 14, 2010
            Extended to June 30, 2010:

            The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a manuscript to the 2010 BLUE LIGHT POETRY PRIZE and CHAPBOOK CONTEST. Contest rules and previous winners are listed below. Please share this E-mail with other poets, and if you teach writing, please let your students know about our contest. If you have received this from a friend and want to be on our E-mail list, please send an E-mail to Bluelightpress(at)aol.com (replace (at) with @) and let us know.

            BLUE LIGHT PRESS
            Announces
            THE 2010 BLUE LIGHT POETRY PRIZE and CHAPBOOK CONTEST

            Guidelines:

            1. Manuscripts should be 10 to 24 pages, typed or printed with a laser or inkjet printer.

            2. The winner will be published by Blue Light Press, receive a $100.00 honorarium and 50 copies of his or her book, which can be sold for $10.00 each, for a total of $600.00.

            3. Submit your manuscript by June 30, 2010.

            4. There is a $10.00 reading fee. Make your check payable to Blue Light Press.

            5. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope. No manuscript will be returned without a SASE.

            6. The winner will be announced in November 2010, and the book will be published in the spring of 2011.

            Message 5 of 6 , May 14, 2012
              The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a manuscript to our Blue Light Poetry Prize Competition.
              http://bluelightpress.com/contests.php
              We like poems that are imagistic, emotionally honest, and contain a vision where the writer pushes through the imagery to a deeper level of insight.
              THE BLUE LIGHT POETRY PRIZE and CHAPBOOK CONTEST
              Guidelines:
              1. Manuscripts should be 10 to 24 pages, typed or printed with a laser or inkjet printer.
              2. The winner will be published by Blue Light Press, receive a $100.00 honorarium and 50 copies of his or her book, which can be sold for $10.00 each, for a total of $600.00.
              3. Submit your manuscript between February 1 and June 15.
              4. There is a $10.00 reading fee. Make your check payable to Blue Light Press.
              5. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope. No manuscript will be returned without a SASE.
              6. The winner will be announced in November, and the book will be published in the spring.
              7. If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript on a CD. Acceptable formats:
              PC or Mac - using Word or RTF (Rich Text Format).
              8. Send your manuscript, $10.00 check, and SASE to Blue Light Press Poetry Prize, 1563 - 45th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122. Do not submit by E-mail.
              9. Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail, as this requires a trip to the post office. If you want confirmation of receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript. We are not strict about deadlines— if your manuscript comes a few days late, we will read it.