poetry reading series seeks applicants: Joaquin Miller Cabin Poetry Series
- The Joaquin Miller Cabin Poetry Series is currently accepting applications.
WHEN: Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. in Washington, DC’s Rock Creek Park, Picnic Area
Number 6, during June and July.
WHAT: Two poets are usually featured. The outdoor programs held next to poet
Joaquin Miller’s Cabin are sponsored by The Word Works, and the National Park
WHO: Kathi Morrison-Taylor, Rosemary Winslow and Deborah Ager are the
co-directors for 2009.
IF SELECTED, you will read your work at the cabin and receive a small
honorarium. Copies of a poster/flyer (self-mailer) will be available for you to
send to friends and colleagues. If you have books published, you may sell them
at the reception. If you live out of town and need a place to stay, we’ll do our
best to help you find a place.
TO APPLY to the series, send the following:
* 5 poems, typed, one poem per page. No one poem longer than two pages.
* Name, address, telephone numbers, email on first page of the submission.
Name on every page.
* Brief biographical note, including publications, readings, literary
* Stamped, self-addressed envelope for reply (for return of poems, add
sufficient postage as needed).
NOTE: All manuscripts must be typed. Any form or style of poetry will be
considered; selection is made on the basis of the poems submitted. The
biographical note is for information only. The director is assisted by a panel
of writers in choosing poet
Rosemary Winslow , Co-Director
Joaquin Miller Cabin Poetry Series
Department of English
The Catholic University of America
Washington, DC 20064
DEADLINE: Postmarked on or before March 31 of each year.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]