fiction contest: Just Write Bookstore

    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2007
      Just Write Exceptional Fiction Contest.
      www.jwbookstore.com
      (go to website for instructions about entering online)

      We are looking for stories that are clever, entertaining, meaningful,
      and poignant.  Best of all this contest is open to writers from all
      genres.

      It is one of many goals for Just Write Bookstore to encourage writers
      to create great writing.  That is why we sell a wide variety of
      instructional writing books at the lowest prices.  However it is also a
      goal to recognize great writing and support the writers who strive to
      create it.  That is why we have come up with over $3000 in prizes.

      Guidelines

      What we want:  We are looking for short stories, or chapters of a novel
      from any genre.  We will accept simultaneous submissions, however you
      must let us know if you win or you will be disqualified.  All
      submissions must be unpublished.  We retain first publishing writes to
      all contest winners.

      Deadline:  All entries are due by 11:59 July 29, 2007

      Reading Fee:  $15 per entry (no limit)

      Word Limit:  Short stories must be no longer than 6,000 words.  Novel
      chapters have no word limit, but no more than 3 chapters per novel will
      be accepted.

      Format:  If you enter your submission through the U.S. Post Mail, then
      you must not put your name, page number or word count anywhere within
      the pages of the story.  You must include a cover page with all your
      personal information: name, address, phone number, email, word count.
      Please double space. No fancy script.

      We suggest that if you are submitting novel chapters, or longer stories
      that you consider mailing it.

      If you enter your submission on-line then you must completely fill out
      the form with all your personal information.  Once you have your
      reference number cut/paste your story in the provided box.

      How:  Mail all entries (including personal check or money orders) to:

      Just Write Bookstore

      P.O. Box  2428

      Country Club Hills, Illinois 60478

      Prizes: All contest winners will be announced on this website.  We will
      contact each winner personally by mail and/or email.

      1st place- $1000.00 in cash, $50.00 in books from our bookstore,
      considered for publishing.

      2nd place- $600.00 in cash, $25.00 in books from our bookstore,
      considered for publishing.

      3rd place- $300.00 in cash, $25.00 in books from our bookstore,
      considered for publishing.

      4th-10th place- $10.00 in books from our bookstore, considered for
      publishing.