"delta" nonfiction sought: New Delta Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2009
      Deltafications – Our special section for the Summer 2009 issue (vol. 26 no. 2) is a creative non-fiction section entitled, Deltafications.

      Call For Submissions:

      Our theme is Deltafications: Forces Meeting, Colliding

      Please send us your non-fiction on the theme of deltas and deltafications. We are interested in work that explores the space and moment at which two forces meet. We are looking for a variety of deltafications, including but not limited to the geographical sort. Topics include: the more or less triangular tract of alluvial land formed at the mouth of a river, and enclosed or traversed by its diverging branches; any triangular space or figure; the constellation of the Triangle. Pythagorean theory, bottle necks, weddings, special interests groups collaborating, train tracks, freeways, social clicks uniting, power plays, love triangles, and things that shouldn't come together but do: raisins and chicken salad.

      Both short (3,000) and medium length (6,000) are welcomed.

      SUBMISSION DEADLINE:  March 10, 2009.

      If submitting from the U.S., please send your manuscripts to:

      New Delta Review

      Department of English

      15 Allen Hall

      Louisiana State University

      Baton Rouge, LA 70803-5001

      Attn: Jennifer Tamayo and Alison Barker, Non-Fiction Editors (DELTAFICATION)

      If submitting internationally, you may e-mail your submission as a PDF or MS Word attachment to: <NewDeltaReview.NonFiction(at)gmail
      ..com> (replace (at) with @)