contests in fiction/poetry/nonfiction: Cutbank

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2009
      CutBank is pleased to announce the second annual Montana Prize in Fiction, the

      Montana Prize in Creative Nonfiction, and the Patricia Goedicke Prize in Poetry.

      www.cutbankonline.org (go to website for full submissions guidelines)

      We are honored to have three talented judges participating in the second year
      of
      these contests. The Patricia Goedicke Prize in Poetry will be judged by Noah Eli

      Gordon. Joy Williams will select the winner of the Montana Prize in Fiction. The

      winner of the Montana Prize in Creative Nonfiction will be selected by Brian
      Bouldrey.

      Submissions are accepted December 1 through February 28. Winners receive $500
      and publication in CutBank 71. All submissions will be considered for
      publication in
      CutBank.

      The contests' $13 entry fee includes a one-year, two-issue subscription to
      CutBank, beginning with the prize issue, CutBank 71.

      Please send only your best work. With all three of these awards, we are
      seeking to
      highlight work that showcases an authentic voice, a boldness of form, and a
      rejection of functional fixedness.

      Full guidelines available at www.cutbankonline.org.