call for submissions: Girlspeak.org

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2007
      GirlSpeak is a pro-women web-based literary and visual art magazine
      that seeks to provide a platform for those who identify as female. We
      showcase original works by young women and male allies ages 12-22 for
      an international readership. GirlSpeak is a respectful, diverse and
      empowered space, a reference for everyday life. We aspire to emulate
      self-knowledge, awareness of the world around us, and activism through
      art. Find us at www.girlspeak.org

      Deadline for Submissions is this Saturday, July 21st
      YOUNG WOMEN AND MEN: SUBMIT CREATIVE WORK TO GIRLSPEAK WEBZINE
      Submit a diverse range of work without traditional media boundaries. As
      well as essays, poems and prose, we welcome paintings, sculpture, audio
      recordings, short films, alternative writing forms, electronic writing,
      journal entries, photographs, or any other work you are proud of.

      Submitting is free and easy and there are no limits on the number of
      submissions.

      Email your work to us at girlspeak(at)youngchicagoauthors.org

      (replace (at) with @)
      or mail it to:
      Young Chicago Authors c/o GirlSpeak
      1180 N. Milwaukee, 2nd Floor