fiction contest: Blue Mesa Review

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2009
      Blue Mesa Review announces our 2009 Fiction Contest

      http://www.unm.edu/~bluemesa/contests.html

      $1000 Prize

      All unpublished fiction manuscripts of 7000 words or fewer will be considered.

      The winner will receive $1000 and publication in Blue Mesa Review Issue 22.

      Judges TBA

      Please mail submissions with $15 entry fee to:

      Fiction Contest
      Blue Mesa Review
      Creative Writing Program
      University of New Mexico
      MSC 03-2170
      Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001

      Checks should be made payable to UNM-BMR

      ENTRY DEADLINE: POSTMARKED BY MARCH 1, 2009

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2010
        http://bluemesalit.wordpress.com/2009/12/16/fiction-contest-deadline-extended/

        Due to a lower than average number of submissions for this year’s fiction contest, we are extending our postmark deadline from December 31st, 2009 to January 31st, 2010. That’s one more month to polish up those pieces and submit them for the New Year. The details of the contest remain the same:
        1st Prize = PUBLICATION and $1,000
        Runners up will receive an honorable mention and a chance at publication.
        Entry Fee: $15 (includes a copy of Issue 23)
        Requirements: Original, unpublished fiction, 7000 words or less.
        The Judges: Susan Fox Rogers and Summer Wood

        Please mail submissions with $15 entry fee (made payable to UNM-BMR) to:
        Fiction Contest
        Blue Mesa Review
        Creative Writing Program
        University of New Mexico
        MSC 03-2170
        Albuquerque, NM 87131-001

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 2010
          2010 Fiction Contest: Blue Mesa Review
          http://www.unm.edu/~bluemesa/fiction%20contest.htm

          Extended Deadline: Postmark by January 31, 2010.
          Prize: $1000 and publication in Blue Mesa Review Issue 23.
          Entry Fee: $15