new online journal seeks submissions: Arch Literary Journal

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2009
      Announcing the opening of the 2009 reading season for Arch Literary Journal:

      http://archjournal.wustl.edu/%c2%a0

      This year the Editors of Arch—the new annual, online literary magazine of Washington University in St. Louis—seek poetry and fiction of all genres and subgenres, essays and nonfiction of any concern, translations from any corner, and new to this reading period: book reviews.

      While we aim to present the best poetry and fiction available today, we stress our call for nonfiction, essays, and reviews. We are very interested in nonfiction and essays broaching any topic, polite or not, and we will consider reviews of books on any subject, in any genre, published within the last three years. For reviews, either submit a piece as-is or query the email below with proposals. For all submissions: the farther afield, the more disruptive, the more subversive, the better.

      Send either 3-5 poems, 10,000 words of prose or less (fiction or essay/nonfiction), reviews of 2000 words or less, plus a short bio to
      <archword(at)artsci.wustl.edu> (replace (at) with @)

      Submissions to multiple genres are permitted; send separately—one email per genre. Do NOT send: sci-fi verse, greeting card verse, inspirational verse, erotic verse, children's verse, any combination of these. Simultaneous submissions are permitted if you notify us immediately of acceptance elsewhere. Submissions disregarding these requirements will be deleted unread. Reading period runs until December 1st2009 fo
      r February 2010 publication.