call for submissions: The Sylvan Echo

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 22, 2009
      The Sylvan Echo is now accepting original submissions of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, book reviews, editorial works and visual art for publication in the April issue. The deadline is March 20, 2009.

      Please see http:/sylvanecho.net for submission guidelines.

      Electronic submissions should be sent to

      <editor(at)sylvanecho.net>replace (at) with @)

      Include a brief bio with your submission. This issue has no theme.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 25, 2009
        Call for Submissions: The Sylvan Echo

        Submissions of fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, critical writing, book reviews, and editorials by new and established writers will be accepted through June 20, 2009.The journal is also interested in original artwork and photography. Please read our submission guidelines carefully as we take them very seriously (http://sylvanecho.net/journalblog/submission-guidelines/). We do accept simultaneous submissions. As with all literary journals, we have an aesthetic; we suggest you read the journal prior to submitting.

        ·  With the exception of poetry, artwork, and photography, you may submit 1 piece per genre. Should you submit more than one piece per genre, we will ignore your second and subsequent submissions (and will look less than favorably on your first submission, as well).

        ·  Submit your work by email to <editor(at)sylvanecho.net> (replace at with @).

        ·  All work should be sent as an attachment in the following formats: Poetry and prose as 12pt doc or rtf attachments; artwork and photography as the highest resolution bmp, tif, or jpg.

        ·  List the genre in your subject line, e.g. Submission: poetry.

        ·  Each submission must be accompanied by a brief (50-150 word) bio, written in the third person.

        ·  By submitting to The Sylvan Echo you are acknowledging that all creative work is original and that you own all rights.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 26, 2009
          Call for Submissions: The Sylvan Echo

          Submissions of fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, critical writing, book reviews, and editorials by new and established writers will be accepted through October 20, 2009.The journal is also interested in original artwork and photography. Please read our submission guidelines carefully as we take them very seriously (http://sylvanecho.net/journal/submission-guidelines/). We do accept simultaneous submissions. As with all literary journals, we have an aesthetic; we suggest you read the journal prior to submitting. Our newest issue is online at

          http://currentissue.sylvanecho.net

          With the exception of poetry, artwork, and photography, you may submit 1 piece per genre. Should you submit more than one piece per genre, we will ignore your second and subsequent submissions (and will look less than favorably on your first submission, as well).

          Submit your work by email to <editor(at)sylvanecho.net> (replace at with @).

          All work should be sent as an attachment in the following formats: Poetry and prose as 12pt doc or rtf attachments; artwork and photography as the highest resolution bmp, tif, or jpg. We do not accept work submitted in the body of an email or in a docx file format.

          List the genre in your subject line, e.g. Submission: poetry.