call for submissions: Arroyo Literary Review

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2009
      Arroyo Literary Review seeks poetry and fiction for our second issue. We welcome submissions between January 15, 2009 and April 15, 2009.

      Arroyo Literary Review is published annually by the Department of English at California State University, East Bay. Arroyo is edited, designed, and managed by graduate students in the English program, and advised by faculty members. The editorial staff is dedicated to showcasing both new and established writers from the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. In addition to quality contemporary fiction and poetry, each issue of Arroyo features an interview with a distinguished writer. The premier issue, set to appear Spring 2009, will include an interview with novelist and critic Eric Miles Williamson, author of East Bay Grease, Two-Up, Oakland, Jack London, and Me, and Out of Oakland.

      Submissions should be sent by mail to:

      Arroyo Literary Review

      Department of English – MB 2579

      California State University, East Bay

      25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.

      Hayward, CA 94542

      Please include SASE. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, though notify us immediately should your work be accepted elsewhere. We only consider previously unpublished work. Contributors will receive two copies of the issue in which their work appears.

      Further questions may be directed to:<arroyoliteraryreview(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @)

      Website: http://class.csueastbay.edu/english/arroyo/

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 6, 2009
          Call for Submissions: Arroyo Literary Review
          http://www.arroyoliteraryreview.com/
          (go to website for submissions guidelines)

          Arroyo Literary Review is now accepting submissions of poetry and fiction (7,000 word max).
          Arroyo looks to publish bold, honest writing from Northern California and beyond.

          To learn more about Arroyo visit
          http://www.arroyoliteraryreview.com/.
          Our reading period for the third issue will end May 30, 2010.

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 30, 2011
            Arroyo Literary Review is an award-winning national magazine with a West Coast
            orientation. We are seeking fiction, flash fiction, poetry, essays, and translation
            for our fifth issue. Open reading period from December to May 31st. No
            email submissions. Please see our website for submission guidelines:
            http://www.arroyoliteraryreview.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 19, 2012
              Arroyo Literary Review is a print-based publication produced annually by students and alumni of California State University, East Bay. Each issue reflects the creative diversity found in the San Francisco Bay Area literary scene, while bringing together material from an international array of poets, writers, and artists.

              Arroyo began with an investigation: faculty and students sought to establish a magazine capturing the spirit and diverse voices of the Bay Area while attracting writers from across the country and a national readership. What they discovered, however, was a void. Bigger presses seemed to ignore the dynamics of California culture, while smaller presses had predicated themselves on niches. With the opportunity presenting itself, those same students built the school’s first literary magazine from the ground up, eventually releasing the premiere issue in Spring of 2009.

              Since then, that tradition of motivation and commitment has been passed on to each proceeding incarnation of the review. The editorial staff remains dedicated to showcasing both new and established writers from the West Coast and beyond, hoping to connect the magazine’s audience with the unique qualities that make the Bay Area literary and art scene so special.

              We are seeking fiction, flash fiction, poetry, essays, and translation for our sixth issue. Open reading period from December 1 to May 31. No e-mail submissions. Please see our website for submission guidelines:http://www.arroyoliteraryreview.com