contest for fiction/poetry/nonfiction: Iowa Review Awards
THE 2009 IOWA REVIEW AWARDS
Poetry, Fiction, and Nonfiction
Li-Young Lee, Ann Patchett, and John D'Agata, judges
$1000 to each winner
$500 to runners-up
plus publication in our December 2009 issue
1. Submit up to 20 pages of prose (double-spaced) or 10 pages of poetry (single or double; one poem or several). Work must be previously unpublished. Simultaneous submissions are fine assuming you inform us of acceptance elsewhere.
2. Manuscripts must include a cover page listing your name, address, e-mail address and/or telephone number, and the title of each work, but your name should not appear on the manuscript itself.
3. Enclose a $20 entry fee (checks payable to The Iowa Review). All entrants will receive a yearlong subscription (or gift subscription) to the magazine.
4. Label your envelope as a contest entry. For example: "Contest: Fiction."
5. Postmark submission between January 1 and January 31, 2009. Mail to:
The Iowa Review
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242
6. Enclose a #10 SASE for final word on your work. Entries themselves will not be returned. Enclose a SAS postcard if you wish confirmation of our receipt of your entry.
7. No electronic submissions.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]