contest for fiction/poetry/nonfiction: Iowa Review Awards

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2009

      THE 2009 IOWA REVIEW AWARDS

      http://www.uiowa.edu/~iareview/mainpages/iowaaward.html
      Poetry, Fiction, and Nonfiction
      Li-Young Lee, Ann Patchett, and John D'Agata, judges

      $1000 to each winner
      $500 to runners-up
      plus publication in our December 2009 issue

      1. Submit up to 20 pages of prose (double-spaced) or 10 pages of poetry (single or double; one poem or several). Work must be previously unpublished. Simultaneous submissions are fine assuming you inform us of acceptance elsewhere.

      2. Manuscripts must include a cover page listing your name, address, e-mail address and/or telephone number, and the title of each work, but your name should not appear on the manuscript itself.

      3. Enclose a $20 entry fee (checks payable to The Iowa Review). All entrants will receive a yearlong subscription (or gift subscription) to the magazine.

      4. Label your envelope as a contest entry. For example: "Contest: Fiction."

      5. Postmark submission between January 1 and January 31, 2009. Mail to:

      The Iowa Review
      308 EPB
      The University of Iowa
      Iowa City, IA 52242

      6. Enclose a #10 SASE for final word on your work. Entries themselves will not be returned. Enclose a SAS postcard if you wish confirmation of our receipt of your entry.

      7. No electronic submissions.