poetry contest: Common Ground Review

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2009
      Common Ground Review

      http://www.cgreview.org/PoetryContest%20Announcement.htm

       announces

       Poetry Contest

      $150 First

      $75 Second

      $50 Third Prizes

       and publication in the

       Common Ground Review

       Send 1-3 unpublished poems

      ( 61 lines or under), a brief biography,

      and a check for $10 made out to

      Common Ground Review

      Poetry Contest

       Mail to

      Larry O’Brien

      Common Ground Review

      40 Prospect Street, Unit C1

      Westfield, MA 01085

       Enclose an SASE* for winners

       Deadline is February 28, 2009

      Contest Submission Guidelines

      We look for well-crafted poems under 61 lines. If line length exceeds 50 characters, lines may be broken at the discretion of the editor.

      Any poem should be single spaced indicating where the stanza breaks occur. Each poem must bear the poet’s name, address, e-mail address (if any), and telephone number somewhere on the page (front or back). *

      Submit up to three poems  in a #10 envelope.

      *(an additional copy of each submitted poem

      should not contain reference to the author)

      A brief biography must be included or poems will be set aside until one is submitted. No simultaneous submissions. We do not accept responsibility for incorrect guidelines (e.g. dates) or other information obtained from other websites or outdated sources.