call for narrative poetry: Naugatuck River Review

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2009
      The open submission period for the Summer 2009 issue is January 1st
      through March 1st. Submissions are currently open.

      This is a literary journal founded in order to publish and in doing
      so to honor good narrative poetry. Naugatuck River Review is
      dedicated to publishing narrative poetry in the tradition of great
      narrative poets such as Gerald Stern, Philip Levine or James Wright.
      We are open to many styles of poetry, looking for narrative that
      sings, which means the poem has a strong emotional core and the
      narrative is compressed. So, make us laugh and cry, make chills run
      down our spines. Knock us off our feet!

      Please send previously unpublished work. We do occasionally accept
      previously published poetry, but prefer unpublished. Publication
      rights will revert to the author of the poem. We accept simultaneous
      submissions, but please inform us if your work is accepted elsewhere.
      We will have two reading periods, Summer and Winter. We cannot pay
      our contributors, but will send one issue of the journal.

      Send submissions of NO MORE THAN THREE POEMS in the body of an email
      to <naugatuck(at)aol.com> (replace (at) with @).

      Make sure you include a short cover

      letter with your contact information and a 20-30 word bio. We will
      publish twice a year, Winter and Summer.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2010
        Naugatuck River Review, a journal of narrative poetry, welcomes submissions for
        the Summer 2010 issue.

        Submission guidelines:

        The winter submission period is an open (no fee) submission and is from January
        1 – March 1st at midnight.
        We accept electronic submissions only through our ONLINE SUBMISSION MANAGER at
        http://naugatuckriverreviewsubmissions.com/

        Contributors will be rewarded with a copy of the journal. We are not in a
        position to pay you otherwise, but hope the journal is worth much more than the
        cost of its paper.

        During the submission period ONLY please submit no more than 3 unpublished
        NARRATIVE poems of no more than 50 lines through the online submission manager.
        Please remove your name from your file, as the poetry is read blind by our
        editorial staff. Questions? Feel free to email us at
        <naugatuckriver(at)aol.com> (replace (at) with @).

        Multiple submissions are discouraged, but simultaneous submissions are fine, as
        long as you inform us right away if your poem is accepted elsewhere. Publishing
        rights revert to the author after the initial publication period. We prefer
        work that has not been previously published.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2011
          Naugatuck River Review, a journal of narrative poetry, welcomes
          submissions for
          the Summer 2011 issue.

          Submission guidelines:

          This is an open (no fee) submission period and runs from January
          1st through March 1st at midnight.
          We accept electronic submissions only through our ONLINE SUBMISSION
          MANAGER at
          http://naugatuckriverreviewsubmissions.com/

          Accepted contributors will be rewarded with a copy of the journal. We
          are not in a
          position to pay you otherwise, but hope the journal is worth much more
          than the
          cost of its paper.

          During the submission period ONLY please submit no more than 3
          unpublished
          NARRATIVE poems of no more than 50 lines through the online submission
          manager.
          Please remove your name from your file, as the poetry is read blind by
          our
          editorial staff. Questions? Feel free to email us at
          <naugatuckriver(at)aol.com> (replace (at) with @).

          Multiple submissions are discouraged, but simultaneous submissions are
          fine, as
          long as you inform us right away if your poem is accepted elsewhere. We
          prefer
          work that has not been previously published.

          Lori Desrosiers
          Publisher
          Naugatuck River Review