writing contest (multigenre): Carteret Writers

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2009
      www.carteretwriters.org

      Carteret Writers 18th annual writing contest is open to submissions from January 1 through March 10, 2009. Categories include flash fiction, fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and children's. Cash prizes are awarded in each category: $100 for first place, $50 second, $25 third. You do not have to be a member of Carteret Writers to enter.

      For members, the fee is $5.00 per entry, two poems for $5.00. For
      non-members, the fee is $10.00 per entry, two poems for $10.00. Winning entries will be published in the 2009 edition of our literary journal, "Shoal."

      If fewer than five entries from five different participants are received
      for a category, the entry fee and manuscript will be returned. Winners
      will be announced at an awards dinner on May 12, and later on our web site, carteretwriters.org.

      For complete contest guidelines, either send an e-mail to <literary1(at)mindspring.com> (replace (at) with @)
      with "CW contest guidelines" in the subject
      heading, or send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Carteret Writers, PO Box 2284, Morehead City, NC 28557.