call for poems by AfricanAmerican poets: RATTLE

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2009
      Tribute to African
      American Poets

      RATTLE seeks submissions of poetry and essays by African American poets for a special issue, releasing in June 2009. Poems may be written in any style or on any subject--as always, we want to represent the entire scope of what African American poets are writing today.

      Send no more than 5 poems per submission. Essays may be up to 5,000 words, serving either as an introduction to contemporary African American poetry, or focusing on a specific aspect within it.

      Payment is two copies of the issue. All rights revert to the authors upon publication. Submissions accepted via hardcopy or email. To submit, just follow our regular guidelines, and include a note that you are of African-American descent.

      Postmark Deadline:
      February 1st, 2009

      Hardcopy:

      Send up to 5 poems, along with a cover letter, bio, and a SASE to:

      RATTLE
      12411 Ventrua Blvd
      Studio City, CA 91604

      Email:

      Paste up to 5 poems, along with a cover sheet, bio, and contact information into the body of a single email. Put your name and “African-American Submission” in the subject line, and send to:

      <submissions(at)rattle.com> (replace (at) with @)