awards for poets: Poetry Society of America

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2008
      Poets, have you submitted to the PSA Annual Awards yet? The deadline of December 22, 2008 (postmarked) is fast approaching.

      * Don’t forget to submit your chapbook to the prestigious PSA Chapbook Competition. The PSA is honored to have Mark Doty (who just won the 2008 National Book Award) & Cole Swensen as judges for the National Chapbook Fellowship. Linda Gregg & Arthur Sze will judge of the New York Chapbook Fellowship.

      * Read and download the complete chapbook guidelines here: http://www.poetrysociety.o

      rg/psa-chapbook.php

      * The PSA sponsors twelve annual awards contests, with the aim of encouraging and rewarding excellence in poetry by both new and established poets. The awards include prizes for a manuscript in progress, a lyric poem, and a poem by a high school student, among others. The twelve award winners are honored at our Annual Awards Ceremony, held in New York City in the spring of each year.

      * Read and download the complete guidelines here:http://www.poetrysociety.o

      rg/psa-awards_gdln.php

      Start working on those line breaks, start finalizing those chapbooks! Our judges can’t wait to read your work.

      If you have any questions, please email or call the Awards Director Brett Fletcher Lauer at <brett(at)poetrysociety.org> (replace (at) with @)

       brett@... or 212.254.9628.=