poetry book contest: Blue Light Press

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
      BLUE LIGHT PRESS
      Announces
      THE 2009 BLUE LIGHT BOOK AWARD

      Guidelines:

      1.  Blue Light Press is dedicated to the publication of poetry that is imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language to a deeper level of insight.  We are a collective of poets, and our books are artistically designed.

      2.  Please note our new address.  To enter, send a manuscript of  50 to 80 pages of poetry, typed or printed with a laser or inkjet printer, to:

      Diane Frank, Chief Editor
      Blue Light Press
      1862 - 45th Ave.

      San Francisco, CA 94122

      3.    Submit your manuscript between September 1, 2008 and January 15, 2009.

      4.  Include a reading fee of $20.00 - check payable to Blue Light Press.

      5.  Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for results.  We must have a SASE to correspond with you.  No manuscript will be returned without a SASE.

      6.    Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail, as this requires a trip to the post office.  If you want confirmation of receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript.  We are not strict about deadlines – if your manuscript comes a few days late, we will still read it.

      7.  The winner will be announced in May, 2009.  The winning book will go into production in September or October of 2009, depending on our production schedule.

      8.  Winner will receive 10 copies of the book and=2
      0a 30% royalty on book sales thereafter.  The book will be distributed by Ingram, Amazon.com, any bookstore you suggest, and published in cooperation with our partner, 1st World Library.

      9.    If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript on disk.  Acceptable formats:
          IBM - MSWord or RTF (Rich Test Format).
          Macintosh - Clarisworks, Quark Express, Word, or RTF (Rich Test Format).

      Books by Blue Light Press:

      Recent books include poets Alice Rogoff, Stewart Florsheim, Michelle Demers, Stephen Schneider, Leah Shelleda, Nancy Tupper-Ling, Kevin Zepper, Ed Meek, Xue Di, Sarah McKinstry-Brown, Ken McCullough, and Diane Frank.  In 2009, look for books by Nancy Berg, Suzanne Niedermeyer, and our new anthology.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 7, 2010
        Extended to February 20, 2010:

        The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a manuscript to our 2010 Blue Light Book Award Competition. Contest rules and previous winners are listed below. Please share this E-mail with other poets, and if you teach writing, please let your students know about our contest. If you have received this from a friend and want to be on our E-mail list, please send an E-mail to <Bluelightpress(at)aol.com> (replace (at) with @).
        and let us know.

        BLUE LIGHT PRESS
        Announces
        THE 2010 BLUE LIGHT BOOK AWARD

        Guidelines:

        1. Blue Light Press is dedicated to the publication of poetry that is imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language to a deeper level of insight. We are a collective of poets, and our books are artistically designed.

        2. Please note our new address. To enter, send a manuscript of 50 to 80 pages of poetry, typed or printed with a laser or inkjet printer, to:

        Diane Frank, Chief Editor
        Blue Light Press
        1563 - 45th Ave.
        San Francisco, CA 94122

        3. Submit your manuscript between September 1, 2009 and February 15, 2010. Extended to February 20, 2010

        4. Include a reading fee of $20.00 - check payable to Blue Light Press.

        5. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for results. We must have a SASE to correspond with you. No manuscript will be returned without a SASE.

        6. Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail, as this requires a trip to the post office. If you want confirmation of receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript. We are not strict about deadlines – if your manuscript comes a few days late, we will still read it.

        7. The winner will be announced in June, 2010. The winning book will go into production in September or October of 2010, depending on our production schedule.

        8. Winner will receive 10 copies of the book and a 30% royalty on book sales thereafter. The book will be distributed by Ingram, Amazon.com, any bookstore you suggest, and published in cooperation with our partner, 1st World Library.

        9. If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript on disk. Acceptable formats:
        IBM - MSWord or RTF (Rich Test Format).
        Macintosh - Clarisworks, Quark Express, Word, or RTF (Rich Test Format).

        Books by Blue Light Press:

        Recent books include poets Rustin Larson, Nancy Berg, Alice Rogoff, Stewart Florsheim, Diane Frank, Andrena Zawinski, Barry and Steve Benson, Michelle Demers, Stephen Schneider, Suzanne Niedermeyer, Christopher Buckley, Leah Shelleda, Nancy Tupper-Ling, Kevin Zepper, and Ken McCullough. In 2010, look for books by Tony Krunk, Paul Fisher, Mary Kay Rummel, Scott Caputo, and our new anthology.

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 10, 2010
          The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a
          manuscript to our Blue Light Book Award Competition. Please share our
          guidelines with other poets, and if you teach writing, please let your
          students know about our contest.
          http://bluelightpress.com/contestsFull.php
          THE BLUE LIGHT BOOK AWARD
          Guidelines:
          1. Blue Light Press is dedicated to the publication of poetry that is
          imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language to a
          deeper level of insight.
          2. To enter, send a manuscript of 50 to 80 pages of poetry, typed or
          printed with a laser or inkjet printer, to: Blue Light Press Book
          Award, 1563 - 45th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122
          3. Submit your manuscript between September 1 and January 30.
          4. Include a reading fee of $20.00 - check payable to Blue Light Press.
          5. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for results. We must have
          a SASE to correspond with you. No manuscript will be returned without a
          SASE.
          6. The winner will be announced in May or June. The winning book will
          go into production in September or October, depending on our production
          schedule.
          7. If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript on
          disk. Acceptable formats:
          PC or Mac - using Word or RTF (Rich Text Format).
          8. Winner will receive 10 copies of the book and a 30% royalty on book
          sales thereafter. The book will be distributed by Ingram, Amazon.com,
          any bookstore you suggest, and published in cooperation with our
          partner, 1st World Publishing.
          9. Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail, as
          this requires a trip to the post office. If you want confirmation of
          receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript. We are not strict
          about deadlines— if your manuscript comes a few days late, we will read
          it.
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 20, 2015

            BLUE LIGHT PRESS is accepting full-length manuscripts for the 2016 BLUE LIGHT BOOK AWARD.  To enter, send 50 to 80 pages of poetry, reading fee of $20.00, and SASE to:  Blue Light Press - Book Award, 1563 - 45th Ave., San Francisco, CA 94122.  For guidelines, E-mail:  bluelightpressATaolDOTcom.  Deadline:  1-30-2016. We publish poetry that is imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language to a deeper level of insight.  To see the books we have published and our winner's list, take a look at our website...  www.bluelightpress.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 11, 2016

              Subject: poetry book contest: Blue Light Press

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 30, 2016

                Subject: Contest: Blue Light Press

                BLUE LIGHT PRESS is accepting full-length manuscripts for the 2017 BLUE LIGHT BOOK AWARD.  To enter, send 50 to 80 pages of poetry, reading fee of $20.00, and SASE to:  Blue Light Press - Book Award, 1563 - 45th Ave., San Francisco, CA 94122.  For guidelines, Email:  bluelightpressATaolDOTcom.  Deadline:  1-30-2017. We publish poetry that is imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language to a deeper level of insight.  To see the books we have published and our winner's list, go to  www.bluelightpress.com
              • CRWROPPS LIST
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 22

                  BLUE LIGHT PRESS is accepting full-length manuscripts for the 2017 BLUE LIGHT BOOK AWARD.
                  To enter, send 50 to 80 pages of poetry, reading fee of $20.00, and SASE to:  Blue Light Press - Book Award, 1563 - 45th Ave.,
                  San Francisco, CA 94122.  For guidelines, Email: bluelightpressATaolDOTcom
                  Deadline:  Extended to 3-1-2017.