poetry and fiction chapbook contests: Cervena Barva

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2008
      Poetry and Fiction Chapbook Contest

      http://www.cervenabarvapress.com/submissions.htm

      Accepting manuscripts November 1, 2008-January 31, 2009
      Manuscripts postmarked after January 31st, will be returned.
      No manuscripts will be returned.

      For Poetry:

      24 pages of poetry.
      8 pages will be added automatically to the winning chapbook which will make the total 32 pages.
      Include the following:
      Title page with contact info
      Title page with just the title
      SASE for the announcement of the winning chapbook. Size 10 envelope only.
      Send no cover letter or bio
      Ok if poems have been published in literary journals. Don't include acknowlegements.
      e-mail address for receipt of manuscript

      Winner announced March 15. 2009
      Winner receives 25 copies and $100.00
      $11.00 entry fee/check or money order to:
      Cervena Barva Press
      P.O. Box 440357
      W. Somerville, MA 02144-3222

      For Fiction:

      24 pages of fiction double-spaced.
      8 pages will be added automatically to the winning chapbook.
      Title page with contact info
      Title page with just the title
      Ok if fiction has been published before
      Can be one story or more as long as it doesn't go over the 24 page total.
      Don't include acknowledgements

      Winner announced March 15, 2009
      Winner receives 25 copies and $100.00
      SASE for the announcement of the winning chapbook. Size 10 envelope only.
      Send no cover letter or bio
      e-mail address for receipt of manuscript
      $12.00 entry fee/check or money order to
      Cervena Barva Press
      P.O. Box 440357
      W. Somerville, MA 02144-3222

      Deadline Jan. 31st. Manuscripts past deadline will be returned. All entrees receive a winning chapbook in the category they entered.

      Judge for both: Gloria Mindock
      All manuscripts will be judged blind.
      My Webmaster will take all contact info out of the envelopes before giving them to me. I believe in fairness.

      I have always received high quality work in the past for the contests.
      I look so forward to reading all the work sent to Cervena Barva Press.
      Thanks,
      Gloria