distinguished chair in poetry: Duke University

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2008
      Duke University. The English department welcomes nominations & applications for
      distinguished a poet with a national or international reputation to be the
      inaugural
      holder of the Reynolds Price Chair in Creative Writing. We seek candidates who
      are
      committed to undergraduate teaching, to the teaching of literature as well as
      the
      practice of poetry, & to active engagement with the intellectual & cultural life
      of the
      university as well as with the vibrant & diverse literary community in the
      Durham area.
      This position begins August 1, 2009 & may be either a tenure- or no-tenure line,

      depending on qualifications & experience. Candidates should submit a c.v. &
      letter of
      application addressed to: Professor Fred Moten, chair of the distinguished poet
      search
      committee. The application address is http://english.duke.edu/apply. The
      committee
      also invites & encourages letters of recommendation for potential candidates. We
      ask
      that all nominations be sent to <english(at)duke.edu> (replace (at) with @)

      using “Poet Search” as the

      subject
      line. The committee will begin its deliberations on November 15. Applications
      received
      by that date will be guaranteed full consideration. AA/EOE.