poetry contest (extended deadline): Dante's Heart

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2008
      POETRY CONTEST - MYTH, FAIRYTALE, FOLKLORE, and FANTASY

      The Dante's Heart Poetry Contest is extending its deadline to December 5, 2008.

      Entries Due: Dec 5, 2008
      Winners Announced: January 2, 2008

      1st Prize - $125 + Publication
      2nd Prize - $75 + Publication
      3rd Prize - Honorable Mention + Publication

      Contest Judge:
      Ever Saskya, Author of The Porch is a Journey Different From the House

      Entry Fee: $7 (USD)

      What We're Looking For
      This contest seeks work that speaks to the mission of Dante's Heart.
      Dante's Heart (www.dantesheart.com) is an online venue looking for creative work that explores how
      myth and fairy tale define and are defined by the human experience(s). We want
      to celebrate the shock, wonder, bewilderment, suffering, and enchantment of
      myth, of the fantastic; we want to hear about rivers running with wine and ghosts
      jumping the Mississippi on motorcycles. We're concerned with the neglect of
      myth, with the blindness of a culture determined by myths it hasn't thought
      about; we demand (beg, entreat, scream) that myths be thought about, made
      and remade, handled with a delicate & angry/sad/ desperate/joyous
      exuberance.

      For submission guidelines and other contest details, see http://www.dantesheart.com/PoetryContest.html%c2%a0